Thread: Poison Ivy Help

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys but the problem is the quantity. It is everywhere! I have been taking the expensive route w/ Round up and am glad to read that GD has a lower price option for me (thanks GD). I found a dealer in Ohio and will get over there this week, a fruit growers co-op. I was wondering about what AS said about digging it up but more like bull dozing. I'm afraid to trash my woods w/ the very real possibility of it comming right back. My buddy told me to contact Ohio State University; they have a top rated turf and agriculture program and could probably give me a few pointers. I wonder if I pick one block of woods, say 50yds square and treat it. Would new PI growth start by the time I killed off the neighboring squares?

cj

PS : I just got in from shooting my Bengal, so nice to be outdoors slingin' arrows. Overall pretty happy with my groups out to 40. Sure like that bow!
    Last edited by cjchasman; 07-02-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!