Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elite limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elite limbs

Hope someone on here can give me some idea on what is going on with my 2001 cougar elite. I bought another set of limbs not long ago, and they were in great lightly used condition. They are marked as having 8m limb deflection.Once fitted I never had a chance to weigh them for D/W before, during practice the module blew up resulting in the limbs ending up nearly straight due to no string . By that I mean they were in the non loaded position. Since I have fitted a new module and after thoroughly checking for cracks [none] it shot accurately but I thought it seemed a bit light so managed to try it on a bow scale. It only went 55# and by my understanding with 8m limbs on that model cougar and a 30'' draw, I should get around 70# maxed out. I am sure the bow weight was heavier before the module let go, yet there are no signs at of damage or cracks. Is it possible for some of the 'preload' in the curved elite limbs to have been weakened?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Once fitted I never had a chance to weigh them for D/W before
    This always makes it difficult but if the bow instantly felt lighter then something is up.

Since I have fitted a new module and after thoroughly checking for cracks [none] it shot accurately but I thought it seemed a bit light so managed to try it on a bow scale.
    Did you fully relax the bow and make sure the limbs are seated correctly?

It only went 55# and by my understanding with 8m limbs on that model cougar and a 30'' draw, I should get around 70# maxed out.
    Check your specs, ATA, brace height and draw length.

Post Thanks / Like

'Day Destroyer,
    Checked A2A its within 1/8'' [over], d/l is right, and brace height is 1/16'' over, so it stumps me!. I would like to know just what poundage that these limbs should deliver when maxed at 30'' d/l. i know its a fair bit more than 55#

Post Thanks / Like

What cams are on it?

Post Thanks / Like

G'day scepterman it has the single fuzion cam.

Post Thanks / Like

TTT any one?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could help you mate but I have no idea what it should be. The only thing I would recommend is to check that you haven't made a mistake when you reassembled the bow like putting the sting on the post that shortens the draw, etc.

Checked A2A its within 1/8'' [over]
    You could do something about this. Put 7- 10 (or whatever needed) twists in the cable, that would get the draw weight up and drop the brace height.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Wish I could help you mate but I have no idea what it should be. The only thing I would recommend is to check that you haven't made a mistake when you reassembled the bow like putting the sting on the post that shortens the draw, etc.

You could do something about this. Put 7- 10 (or whatever needed) twists in the cable, that would get the draw weight up and drop the brace height.
    Yeah guess its about all I can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks cjchasman that is exactly what I wanted. I should be getting 70# with those limbs maxed out at my d/l of 30'' but am only getting 55#.It seems that when the module let go then the resulting 'shock to the limbs although not causing structural defects ie; cracks must have weakened the preload on the curved elite limbs. Thats my take on it, any one wishing to agree or offer other possibilities are most welcome to do so. Just hope the limbs are still up to using, even at the reduced draw weight.