Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elite limbs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    I have twisted the cable up 1/4'' and bow definitely seems a little heavier
    Draw length ok?

Good that your feeling better about it mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as I cant remember the exact length of the shafts[ comes from being senior and owning 3 bows] just going by overhang in front of rest, if anything it might have lengthened a tad. I still can take that up on the next post on the cam.I will be interested in what weight it is now just the same.
    Last edited by bigbob29; 07-07-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: correct mistake

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I would offer this last update if any one is interested . When I pulled down the bow I actually swapped one limb for an undamaged one I had from a previous set with the same deflection code [ 8m] I felt it was a reasonable amount higher in draw weight , and so had a few shots without checking tiller, nock point etc. Yeah I know but thats how I do things, upside down and inside out. Anyhow, it shot to the left so I decided to do a few checks and checked tiller for one. To get it at even tiller [ single cam] I had to back out the 'new' limb nearly 1/8'' while the other limb was screwed down to max.This seems to me to suggest that when the module let go then the limbs indeed suffered some weakening even though this is not apparent comparing them visually with others.Have any one here had, or heard of a similar event happening? The limbs definitely have no structural faults at any point, yet must have 'lost' some of their preset or the like.

Post Thanks / Like

TTT

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you weight it with the new limb?

Post Thanks / Like

Havent been able to yet, will be a couple of days before i can, but it may be a little heavier. It all seems very weird.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Can do your head in for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Last bit of detail, put it on scales today, and only went 56#! I am at a loss to understand it unless it is as I surmised. The limbs in some way must have been weakened by the module cracking up from the shock. As I said there is no cracks or any sign of distress to the limbs, but the fact that the limb I put on which was the other half of a previous pair which had the other damaged by a dry fire, has to be backed out nearly 1/8'' to obtain zero tiller compared to the limb that was on when the module let go being maxed out.If it was wound in and the other was equal then I might get a bit over 60#, still a long way from the 70# I thought I should get.Any one else had limbs weakened by trauma or shock but not cracked?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    still a long way from the 70#
    Yeah just too much of a difference. Might be time to give up on it.