Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elite limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    G'day scepterman it has the single fuzion cam.
    You say it is in spec however your bow would be what they call a Frankenbow as I don't recall Martin offering any bow with the combination of Elite limbs and the Fusion cam. So I have no idea what it should be. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/ch...od-string.html String and cable chart is the only thing I could find for that particular configuration. I think that bow was only made one year with the fuzion cam and elite (xrg) limbs, can't find a limb deflection chart for it anywhere. Check your string and cable lengths and make sure they are still within spec, the module going south on the draw could have damaged the cable, maybe broke some strands under the serving causing the cable to stretch ?

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    You say it is in spec however your bow would be what they call a Frankenbow as I don't recall Martin offering any bow with the combination of Elite limbs and the Fusion cam. So I have no idea what it should be. Good luck.
    Actually as archerx7 said it was made, even if for one year with Fusion cam. Serving on cable seems completely undisturbed. Probably gonna put in the too hard basket and shoot it with a hard hat and protective goggles!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    maybe broke some strands under the serving causing the cable to stretch ?
    Would be easy to tell, the specs would keep changing, especially the ATA would increase.

Probably gonna put in the too hard basket
    If it was my bow, no way I could leave it alone. If only you weighed the bow before all this happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Never weighed it destroyer but I know it was a heck of a lot heavier than it is. I mean it should be somewhere around 70# with the bolts screwed down as they are at the moment, but only shows 55# on scales. I did have it almost screwed down before and at a pretty good 'gestimate' it would have been at least 65# as that is what my hunting bow is and it felt the same.I might dis- assemble it in the next few days when I get the chance and have a real good look at every thing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it was a heck of a lot heavier than it is
    I believe you mate, between 55# and 65#, you can feel there is a difference. I just hope your not right about the internal damage but if its all together fine and all the strings are fine then it doesn't leave much except for the limbs.

Not good, not good.

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed that the cam is slightly over rotated, even though the string length is fairly close and the cable is maybe 1/4'' long . That may take up little of the rotation but not the draw weight, well not 15# anyway. Couple days time I will put it on my press and pull it apart and really have a good look at things.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple days time I will put it on my press and pull it apart and really have a good look at things.
    Hope you can find something easy to fix. I'd say 'and have fun' but stuffing around when there is a bad problem is never fun.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-05-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed that the cam is slightly over rotated, even though the string length is fairly close and the cable is maybe 1/4'' long . That may take up little of the rotation but not the draw weight, well not 15# anyway. Couple days time I will put it on my press and pull it apart and really have a good look at things.
    Take up the 1/4" in excess cable and you will be surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I pulled the bow down and found---- diddly squat. Compared the degree of bend and geometric outlines with others I have and identical. I have twisted the cable up 1/4'' and bow definitely seems a little heavier [ draw weight wise] Cant get to a bow scale for a few days but will check it out then.Feel a little happier.