Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Elite limbs

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bartow, Fl.
    Posts
    532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    G'day scepterman it has the single fuzion cam.
    You say it is in spec however your bow would be what they call a Frankenbow as I don't recall Martin offering any bow with the combination of Elite limbs and the Fusion cam. So I have no idea what it should be. Good luck.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Washington, Ohio
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/ch...od-string.html String and cable chart is the only thing I could find for that particular configuration. I think that bow was only made one year with the fuzion cam and elite (xrg) limbs, can't find a limb deflection chart for it anywhere. Check your string and cable lengths and make sure they are still within spec, the module going south on the draw could have damaged the cable, maybe broke some strands under the serving causing the cable to stretch ?

    Advantage Custom Strings

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sunshine coast Australia
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    You say it is in spec however your bow would be what they call a Frankenbow as I don't recall Martin offering any bow with the combination of Elite limbs and the Fusion cam. So I have no idea what it should be. Good luck.
    Actually as archerx7 said it was made, even if for one year with Fusion cam. Serving on cable seems completely undisturbed. Probably gonna put in the too hard basket and shoot it with a hard hat and protective goggles!

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    maybe broke some strands under the serving causing the cable to stretch ?
    Would be easy to tell, the specs would keep changing, especially the ATA would increase.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Probably gonna put in the too hard basket
    If it was my bow, no way I could leave it alone. If only you weighed the bow before all this happened.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sunshine coast Australia
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Never weighed it destroyer but I know it was a heck of a lot heavier than it is. I mean it should be somewhere around 70# with the bolts screwed down as they are at the moment, but only shows 55# on scales. I did have it almost screwed down before and at a pretty good 'gestimate' it would have been at least 65# as that is what my hunting bow is and it felt the same.I might dis- assemble it in the next few days when I get the chance and have a real good look at every thing.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    I know it was a heck of a lot heavier than it is
    I believe you mate, between 55# and 65#, you can feel there is a difference. I just hope your not right about the internal damage but if its all together fine and all the strings are fine then it doesn't leave much except for the limbs.

    Not good, not good.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sunshine coast Australia
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just noticed that the cam is slightly over rotated, even though the string length is fairly close and the cable is maybe 1/4'' long . That may take up little of the rotation but not the draw weight, well not 15# anyway. Couple days time I will put it on my press and pull it apart and really have a good look at things.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Couple days time I will put it on my press and pull it apart and really have a good look at things.
    Hope you can find something easy to fix. I'd say 'and have fun' but stuffing around when there is a bad problem is never fun.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-05-2011 at 02:25 AM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bartow, Fl.
    Posts
    532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Just noticed that the cam is slightly over rotated, even though the string length is fairly close and the cable is maybe 1/4'' long . That may take up little of the rotation but not the draw weight, well not 15# anyway. Couple days time I will put it on my press and pull it apart and really have a good look at things.
    Take up the 1/4" in excess cable and you will be surprised.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sunshine coast Australia
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well I pulled the bow down and found---- diddly squat. Compared the degree of bend and geometric outlines with others I have and identical. I have twisted the cable up 1/4'' and bow definitely seems a little heavier [ draw weight wise] Cant get to a bow scale for a few days but will check it out then.Feel a little happier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •