Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for new subforums

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas for new subforums

I'll come straight out and ask for the following subforum's. I don't like groups unless its a social group.

'Announcement': Global announce on forum.
    'Reviews': Replace the group with better text and image handling. It sucks having to span multiple reply's.
    'Proud Martin Bow Owners' or 'Showcase': A subforum for displaying photo's of our Martin bows like TIGON's group.
    'Do It Yourself, Modifications & Ideas': DIY like Hutch's group. Same reason as the reviews.
    'Tutorials, Tuning & Tips' From basic setup to more complicated stuff. Credit for this idea to Money Man!
    'General Hunting' or 'General Hunting & Outdoors': Talk hunting tactics and anything outdoors. Credit for this idea to Sharxfan & HawgEnvy
    'Technical Specifications': A subforum with separate threads for members to post photo's and specifications of bows/parts from any year.

Some of this could be handled by a sticky too, maybe.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-07-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea. I think the do it yourself could be broken into two segments. One for shop tools and equipment like string jigs, super shooters, targets etc. The second one for how to such as fletching arrows, serving, tuning etc.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I see you guys are working on Barry's "to do" list for when he gets back.
    I think you both have some good ideas.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

x2 to all the above.maybe we can bring in more shooters if there is more to offer up as people visit.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the diy being seperated into two segments. While cool to see, the shop tools dont apply for me. So the simple stuff, that I can do at home for the every day maintenance stuff is what I look for.
    Maybe a subforum for initial set up of a new or used bow. People's techniques, what works for them, simple tuning advice, stuff I can do with out a press or level. Would be great for newbies like me.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    The second one for how to such as fletching arrows, serving, tuning etc.
    Good idea mate! I wouldn't split DIY into two, I would have it just as a main subforum, call it 'Tutorials, Tuning & Tips' or something. Hard to write tutorials though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I see you guys are working on Barry's "to do" list for when he gets back.
    Yeah, he will be rested enough hopefully.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We also need a section for new members to introduce themselves Like a WELCOME! LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF!

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

my $.01
    off topic- fun stuff
    target/3D- see title
    TECH forum- equipment,tuning,set-up(no subforum needed)
    DIY-1 section homebuilt tools of any kind,1 section everything else(treestands,stabs,trailers,blinds,furniture,et c.
    Taxidermy-show off your mounts,give a plug for your favorite taxidermist and even a link to their site

that's just off the top of my head. I fully agree that a more diverse MTF would bring in more shooters if there was more to offer. I'd like to see this forum get HUGE and most importantly keep the friendly atmosphere
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default couple more ideas

photo & video,firearms...still thinkin. I smell smoke
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    x2 to all the above.maybe we can bring in more shooters if there is more to offer up as people visit.
    Ditto.........Wouldnt it be cool if AT and MATF were the biggest forums on the net............................