Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with cheetah initial setup

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the stickies.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!

Attachment 3245

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update 2

Thx for the replies. Right now I'm lovin this Cheetah I got it sighted like this. 20 yds top pin, and 10yds for each additional pin below it. It shoots great and I'm amazed how much power it has utilizing the parallel limb design. Anyway I'm lookin forward to hog hunting to start off with before my son attempt deer.
    2011 cheetah
    68#
    29" DL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad your problem is resolved....

It seems that some sights are packaged in whatever configuration is easiest to manufacture and package. I went to setup a new extreme sight the other day and I was shooting eight inches high. I started adjusting and after about four adjustments of an eventually extreme nature I was still shooting eight inches high. No movement at all. I was very perplexed and started second guessing myself. I didn't think that the sight's configuration was extremely set on one end of its spectrum. Took and moved one of the vertical housing alignment screws and extended the configuration and I was in the ball park.

Wa-La! from Walla Walla! It's X busting Time!
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow -same problem here

I am so glad I found this post about arrows hitting too low! I took my first shot with my new Martin Cheetah today and the exact same thing happened. The bow came out of the box with everything installed on it. Whisker biscuit, tru glo sight, stabilizer, peep, and D loop. Everything seemed to be perfectly centered and aligned properly. However,the hand grip was spit down the middle on the front of the riser right out of the box. Today the seller said he would send me a new grip. So I went out to try my first shot from 10 yards, using only one of the three pins set in the middle of the sight circle. The arrow went into the dirt in front of the target! I moved the sight window down in several steps about as far as it would go, but was still hitting low. Gave up for the day when it started to rain, plus the heat index was about 102! When I found this forum and the same problem, I looked at my sight a little closer, and I can see that flipping the mounting bracket would lower the sight window dramatically! Can't wait till tomorrow to try that! I think the person who assembled the bow put it on BACKWARDS! or UPSIDE DOWN or whatever you want to call it! The sight says APEX gear on it, and has a weird dogleg mounting bracket, which would make your sight window too high if mounted the wrong way! SPECS: 30" draw, 60lb, 30" axle to axle, shooting 29" arrow rated 45-70lb,2" vanes..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mywayfla View Post
    has a weird dogleg mounting bracket, which would make your sight window too high if mounted the wrong way!
    Can help putting it up high in some circumstances but for most its not correct. Good to hear this thread has helped you and hope you enjoy shooting your new bow.

Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad I found this post about arrows hitting too low! I took my first shot with my new Martin Cheetah today and the exact same thing happened. The bow came out of the box with everything installed on it. Whisker biscuit, tru glo sight, stabilizer, peep, and D loop. Everything seemed to be perfectly centered and aligned properly. However,the hand grip was spit down the middle on the front of the riser right out of the box. Today the seller said he would send me a new grip. So I went out to try my first shot from 10 yards, using only one of the three pins set in the middle of the sight circle. The arrow went into the dirt in front of the target! I moved the sight window down in several steps about as far as it would go, but was still hitting low. Gave up for the day when it started to rain, plus the heat index was about 102! When I found this forum and the same problem, I looked at my sight a little closer, and I can see that flipping the mounting bracket would lower the sight window dramatically! Can't wait till tomorrow to try that! I think the person who assembled the bow put it on BACKWARDS! or UPSIDE DOWN or whatever you want to call it! The sight says APEX gear on it, and has a weird dogleg mounting bracket, which would make your sight window too high if mounted the wrong way! SPECS: 30" draw, 60lb, 30" axle to axle, shooting 29" arrow rated 45-70lb,2" vanes..
    Is that a typo I see? Martin doesn't make any 45-70 bows. I hope you meant 55-70 or 45-60. And let us know how you make out by flipping the sight mount over.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Problem solved!!!

Hey guys! Thanks for the welcome! Sorry for the confusion on the 45lb-70lb. I was referring to the arrows I bought at Wal Mart. They have a sticker on them that says "CARBON EXACTA" #90829A.....29".... 45-70lbs. They have camo that matches the Cheetah, the full length of the arrow, but no other markings or name brand. Anybody have any info on these? There was only 6 left in the store ,And after looking at all the other choices, I bought these. Since the Cheetah is rated so fast(315-320fps) I thought the little extra rating would work just fine. I didn't want to get arrows that might be too "wimpy". Anyway, after flipping the sight mounting bracket,the sight window was right where it should of been. re centered the window, put the green pin in top position.(I like green on top, yellow in the middle, and red on bottom. ....easy shot , medium shot, hard shot.) 20-30-40 yards. First shot, 10 yards was almost perfect! (a little high). Only shot 6 times today, 10 to15 yards, but was right on the money every shot.( had to start the grill for some bar b Q chicken,with grilled pineapple slices.) Mm Mm Good! This is my first time shooting carbon arrows. Have been shooting an "old school" Browning Trophy Magnum ll. with aluminum arrows for many years, and I really like it a lot, but I wanted to try something "NEW". Got to keep the juices flowing! Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend all !!!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

what? No Onions? you're banned!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

45-70lbs.
    Quite a range those arrows.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 09-03-2011 at 04:29 PM.