Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won a set of strings from Proline

Post Thanks / Like

Default Won a set of strings from Proline

Kinda surprised me, I had just been fooling around in their giveaway thread on archeryaddix because I enjoy those the type of thread they had going - the story/sentence type where one person posts a word and the next adds another to form a sentence or story.

Anyway - just put a set on my bow earlier this year, so I am going to take these as a back up set or have them ready to replace at the end of the season - been putting a lot of shots on the bow and a color change would be a nice flavor change for the start of next year.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! What colors are you thinking of going with?
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I have Sunset Orange/Tan&Black White/Clear serving - really like the combo, made a sling to match. Thinking about going with a Flo Green/Kiwi - Green serving, would make another sling to match for the change.

I'm goofy with colors, probably because I am a graphic designer, but my GT Velocity Hunters have orange labels/orange fletch - the GT Velocity XT (I would get next season if the Hunters do well this fall, they shoot awesome right now as is) have green label/fletch - though I'll be getting my own jig and probably fletching all white so I can find/see any blood better after the shot.

Yeah, looking back at that - it looks a little scatter brain, but maybe you can follow.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still with you. I like showy colors as well. I don't know if you've seen my new string, but here it is.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on winning the new string, free stuff is always great, especially free archery stuff. I will be getting some gt velocity hunters soon, what do you think of them? accurate? durable? I have some really old gt graphites and they are great, indestructible. I like the flouresent red with white odd vane for blazers on the black gt. A friend of mine used white primer spray paint very gingerly and light on the black shaft near the rear of the arrow, much like a wrap, and it makes them much easier to find in the grass or the woods.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

I started out shooting the CX Mutiny and then picked up the GT Velocity just to try another set of arrows. I really, really like the Velocity. They feel fast and then are solid in my opinion. I accidentally shot one into my garage, wood panels, pulled it out - gave it a flex - no problem. Shanked a tree at my first 3D shoot pretty hard on a yardage misjudgement - put a 30 pin on and and should have been closer to low 20s under a fallen tree. I think they fly great, hit hard - can't wait to get them on some whitetails this fall.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    thread they had going - the story/sentence type where one person posts a word and the next adds another to form a sentence or story.
    Great idea. Congrats on the win!

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly have a few good ideas for threads here in the Off Topic that would be awesome to get going and are a lot of fun for people to join in on. I might just go ahead and start them if there are no major objections. Really good way to get people involved, posting and getting to know others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Honestly have a few good ideas for threads here in the Off Topic that would be awesome to get going and are a lot of fun for people to join in on. I might just go ahead and start them if there are no major objections. Really good way to get people involved, posting and getting to know others.
    No objections from me. Go ahead and post them.

Post Thanks / Like

Opted to stick with the Orange color scheme I got with this bow for now. The green sounds really fun, but I think I'm going to save that for the next bow. Strings probably won't go on until after season, but I'll post pics when I get them and let you know what I think of them.

Sunset/FloOrange Black Spec - Sunset serving. Looking forward to seeing them. Have Sunset/Tan Black Spec - White Halo now.