Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won a set of strings from Proline

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

They arrived today. Didn't know this, but they build as floating yokes. I have a static right now from 60X Customs so I am curious to see how this works out and if it is going to change much. Overall, really happy with how these look. Look like a quality build, serving is solid and looks super tight. Color is strong, really good spool of FloSpec. Twists are even all the way through, looking forward to rigging these up. Probably won't get them on until after the season since I just put the 60X strings on in late January.

284896_845005555242_31101004_40312120_3158696_n.jpg

Sunset Orange & Flo Orange spec - Sunset Serving - Love me some orange on this bow!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Didn't know this, but they build as floating yokes.
    Interesting how that will work on a Martin, always wanted to try one but never did. You can always serve either side of the yoke to fix it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    They arrived today. Didn't know this, but they build as floating yokes. I have a static right now from 60X Customs so I am curious to see how this works out and if it is going to change much. Overall, really happy with how these look. Look like a quality build, serving is solid and looks super tight. Color is strong, really good spool of FloSpec. Twists are even all the way through, looking forward to rigging these up. Probably won't get them on until after the season since I just put the 60X strings on in late January.

284896_845005555242_31101004_40312120_3158696_n.jpg

Sunset Orange & Flo Orange spec - Sunset Serving - Love me some orange on this bow!
    Nice strings. Now don't forget to post pictures of them on the bow.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A floating yoke will not work any different then a static yoke. It was made for the intent of floating so that limb twist could be corrected after a shot or during a shot (by floating). But once you set in your yoke and level you limb they rarely ever move. But if you have a limb twist problem you can fix it much faster by shifting the yoke to correct the twist. With a static we all know its a process.
    BTW very nice looking string set, and I like the colors. Must be nice to have a back up set.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    BTW very nice looking string set, and I like the colors. Must be nice to have a back up set.

Hutch
    Thanks, I really dig the color. Something about the Orange and the Cheetah just go together well for me. As long as I have this bow, it will probably have some sort of orange string on it. Might do a reverse if I get another set down the road of the FloOrange Solid and Sunset spec.

I'll be sure to get pics of them on the bow and give a report on the float once I get them on and shooting...will be some months down the road, but I'll deliver
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff