Thread: Another alien x question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another alien x question

Without any components installed on my newly acquired 2011 I put it in one hand and turn it horizontal and use my palm on my other hand and give the riser a solid thump and the whole bow buzzes for about three seconds. Could it be a problem with the 3 piece riser??? Anybody?

Post Thanks / Like

That's totally normal. Limbsavers and a stabilizer should take care of it.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your fine,my AX does the same thing,kinda like a tuning fork,barley audible.My firecat does same thing,most bows do.You can tell difference between that and a loose e-clip or sight ect.ect.
    Remember when you set it up make sure your center shot is 7/8" from riser to center of arrow to start,not the rubber but from where your arrow rest holes are it will look like your arrow is pointing in and your sight is to the left but thats how these bows set up,thats coming from the Alien Maffia.

Post Thanks / Like

So I set up the center shot last night with my center shot tool. It sounds like you recommend discarding that and going out 7/8" from the berger holes. Is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olydog View Post
    So I set up the center shot last night with my center shot tool. It sounds like you recommend discarding that and going out 7/8" from the berger holes. Is that correct?
    Yes,if you were to shoot it after using center shot tool it would shoot way to the left,i know becuase mine did.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The centershot goes wherever it needs to, its not real important where you start. Tuning will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Olydog View Post
    give the riser a solid thump and the whole bow buzzes for about three seconds.
    Check all bolts and accessories for anything loose. Also check the e-clips, they can cause a bit of noise if loose. Speedykills is right about tuning fork, a lot of bows are like that. You can't remove that much material and expect noise free shooting.