Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about this............i call B.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you think about this............i call B.S.

I like the part about the riser blowing apart.....................

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1519355

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm glad I don't believe everything I read, because I've NEVER in my years of shooting Martin heard about a riser blowing apart.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

i did not see ware it said the riser blew apart.i read about were a guy seen one break,but not blow apart.but that leads me to think its bs.if a riser were to break it would blow apart due to all the tension and dude would have said blown apart.damn A.T @$$()*&^$.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Martin gets hammered on so hard,i guess it's tough being on top.It's like on a post about a Martin seeker somebody said like"what if the riser brackets come loose and your brace height changes then what huh".I guess if you worry about that you would worry about your rifle scope comming loose too.So much B.S. sometimes i just shake my head.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No big deal, people have been posting rubbish about risers 'blowing up' for a long time. Never seen one myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    I like the part about the riser blowing apart.....................

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1519355
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad I don't believe everything I read, because I've NEVER in my years of shooting Martin heard about a riser blowing apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i did not see ware it said the riser blew apart.i read about were a guy seen one break,but not blow apart.but that leads me to think its bs.if a riser were to break it would blow apart due to all the tension and dude would have said blown apart.damn A.T @$$()*&^$.lol
    Well fellas let me tell you with certainty. Martin risers do break. Ive shot Martins for over ten yrs. and shot for them for 7+ yrs. The first riser that broke on me was an M2000 Cougar, then my favorite bow they could not replace for me because they had no more was a Blue S3 riser and the last one was a S4 riser. So fellas they can and do break from time to time.
    BTW none of mine blew apart perse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    So more like a crack or split?

Post Thanks / Like

Well fellas let me tell you with certainty. Martin risers do break. Ive shot Martins for over ten yrs. and shot for them for 7+ yrs. The first riser that broke on me was an M2000 Cougar, then my favorite bow they could not replace for me because they had no more was a Blue S3 riser and the last one was a S4 riser. So fellas they can and do break from time to time.
    Ya,ya,ya,im more or less talking about the whole tone of the post,more or less,not that i dont believe you but do you have any pics to back up your statement...................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    So more like a crack or split?
    Initially yes. On the S3 and S4 The feel at the shot (vibrations from the bow) and mior points of impact were different was a key indication something wasn't right. On the Cougar the bow callapsed inward at the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Ya,ya,ya,im more or less talking about the whole tone of the post,more or less,not that i dont believe you but do you have any pics to back up your statement...................
    Pics??? These incidents happened over a 10 yr. period. Each time it happened all I was interested in was gettin my riser replaced. I didn't need proof. When Joel saw the riser after sending it back was proof enough.

All I was saying (to those who believe me or not) is it does/can happen and it is not always a catostrophic explosion.

Post Thanks / Like

Initially yes. On the S3 and S4 The feel at the shot (vibrations from the bow) and mior points of impact were different was a key indication something wasn't right. On the Cougar the bow callapsed inward at the shot.

Pics??? These incidents happened over a 10 yr. period. Each time it happened all I was interested in was gettin my riser replaced. I didn't need proof. When Joel saw the riser after sending it back was proof enough.

All I was saying (to those who believe me or not) is it does/can happen and it is not always a catostrophic explosion.
    I was just messin with ya,kinda reminds you of AT didnt it........