Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What arrows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What arrows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With both my bows im on the border line as far as spine goes,im using gold tip 5575,not getting the best flight as i did with my slower firecat tr1 bow i had,so i was wondering what other arrows you people are using and how you like them,thanks.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Harvest Time HT-2 Vengeance. AMAZING! $69/dz for finished shafts. Check the Ranting Reviews section for more details. Search them on AT. Tons of reviews there.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575 with 100 Grain Rage

I am shooting what seems like the exact same thing you are and I am getting accuracy. I am sure it could be better as all things can but I am in the new stages so I figure things will tighten up with that as well. As it is 95% of my shots are hitting the kill zone and I have shot close to 400 arrows this week. What are your arrows doing specifically that you don't like. Mine very well may be doing the same things and I just don't know what to look for.

Vermonter
    Martin Bone Hunter
    Cobra Release
    Gold Tip Arrows
    Rage Broad Heads
    Scent Blocker Outerwear
    And don't forget the coffee

Post Thanks / Like

i use gt prohunter 7595,i uses them when i had to turn my bow down to 55# and i used them when my bows is at 73#.i seen no differance besided moving moving my sight.from the pics i seen on carbon arrows breaking and what it did to peoples hands i will shoot a bit over spine to be safe.as long as im in the kill zone out to 50 yards im good.and i shoot up to but not limited to 100 yards.i have shot 130 somthing befor and went way over my target.100 g tips is what im useing right now but im going in today to get 125 feild tip to see what might change

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Lightspeed 400's for years, until I got my Shadowcat.

Despite being the same draw weight as my Constitution, at around 60 lbs, it does not work well with 400 spine arrows. Fortunately I had some Sky Art Carbon 340's which work really well. I tried the Cat with Lightspeed 340's, which are OK, but they don't fly as well as the Sky Art shafts.

I use 80 grain points, Easton nocks and am currently experimenting with fletchings and leaning towards 3" feathers.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

GT Hunter expeditions 7595 with some Velocity Hunter 300's on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Carbon Force Radial X Weave 300,been shooting them lately and they are very nice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vermonter View Post
    I am shooting what seems like the exact same thing you are and I am getting accuracy. I am sure it could be better as all things can but I am in the new stages so I figure things will tighten up with that as well. As it is 95% of my shots are hitting the kill zone and I have shot close to 400 arrows this week. What are your arrows doing specifically that you don't like. Mine very well may be doing the same things and I just don't know what to look for.

Vermonter
    Im hitting the kill zone but it seems like one out of 3 hit the x,now im shooting these out of the AX around 64# which is kinda the cut off for the 5575 to the next higher splined arrow.
    Ill have to do some testing i might drop the weight down to see if there's a improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5575 cut off?

I am shooting 5575 at 70# draw weight. With the 100 grain broad head these were exactly what was recommended to me by my shop. What do you mean by cut off?
    Vermonter
    Last edited by vermonter; 07-03-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Substitute word broad head for word arrow
    Martin Bone Hunter
    Cobra Release
    Gold Tip Arrows
    Rage Broad Heads
    Scent Blocker Outerwear
    And don't forget the coffee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Im hitting the kill zone but it seems like one out of 3 hit the x,now im shooting these out of the AX around 64# which is kinda the cut off for the 5575 to the next higher splined arrow.
    Ill have to do some testing i might drop the weight down to see if there's a improvement.
    Try rotating your nocks 180 degrees, and see if that helps.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com