Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Martin and New to This Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Martin and New to This Forum

Hello ladies and germs. I just picked up a Martin Saber SE from a guy who hunts with a buddy of mine. I had trolled this site for info a couple of days before buying it so I figured I'd register and be a member of one more hunting/shooting forum. I've been hunting for 9 years now, 8 with a bow and arrow. I also teach Hunter's Ed and Bowhunter's Ed here in NY. My other bow which just became my backup is an 8 year old PSE Deerhunter. Great bow for the money I spent on it then and I took two deer with it but I've been looking for an upgrade and this came along at the right price. My best guess is its one of those Gold Series models with the Pro series limbs for some reason. It has the M2 cam and the sticker indicates it was made in 2009. My question is how can I mount a detachable quiver on it? The guy I bought it from put an aftermarket sight and drop away rest on it.

As you can see the sight has no attachment points and the rest is slightly blocking the threaded hole in front of where it mounts to the riser. I don't shoot with a quiver attached to my bow ever, I always take it off and hang it on a hook in my tree but walking in and out of the woods is a pain without an attached quiver since I use a Summit climbing stand when I bow hunt and that is obviously slung over my shoulders.

Any suggestions?
    Treestands Don't Nag
    Treestands Don't Complain
    Treestands Simply Ask You to Sit and Listen

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Here is a link of the recommended quiver mount that apex puts out http://apex-gear.com/IW_Products.m4p...TI_ITEM_SUBMIT go to quivers.
    As far as the limbs go they are all the same, Gold series or Pro. Yours might of been up dated for warranty. Sounds like a good bow now all you have to do is tailor it to you.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 07-03-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum. I've got the same sight in single pin. Any quiver mount can be used. Some come with 1/4" thick nylon spacers to raise the mount enough to clear. If yours didn't,they can b picked up at any hardware store cheap. Or use a couple nuts,a piece of arrow shaft,etc.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

just looked @ mine again. No spacer required. Once your pins are set, screw the quiver in place n ur golden.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    welcome to the forum. I've got the same sight in single pin. Any quiver mount can be used. Some come with 1/4" thick nylon spacers to raise the mount enough to clear. If yours didn't,they can b picked up at any hardware store cheap. Or use a couple nuts,a piece of arrow shaft,etc.
    Hawg I am disappointed in you where are the pics? Lets see the proof! LOL But a pic would help!

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Ladies and germs?I like to think myself as more of a fungusWelcome to the forum and the Martin family.

SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Ladies and germs?I like to think myself as more of a fungusWelcome to the forum and the Martin family.

SL
    One that grows on us!! ha! ha! ha!

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! You'll love the Saber, its a great all around bow. I have a 2006. I bought an Alpine Bear Claw quiver for mine (and one for my Onza) it comes with everything you need to attach, and is a quick disconnect/connect. They even make a treestand mount for it. They also have another type of quiver called a soft-lock that uses a different attachment that is pretty slick and a treestand mount is available for it as well. www.alpinearchery.com
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hawg I am disappointed in you where are the pics? Lets see the proof! LOL But a pic would help!

Hutch
    post away! Sent pics to your email

Post Thanks / Like

CIMG0066.jpgCIMG0068.jpg
    Now I am not so disappointed!
    Thanks Hawg!

Hutch