Thread: Help identifying an Alien X please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help identifying an Alien X please.

I traded my Onza 3 for a 2011 Alien X. My question is the Alien has the same black/carbon fiber paint scheme as the 2011 Onza. But the grip is the older Thermal grip. I thought all the Aliens were wooden grips. Also,I thought that the limbs for both were being made by Martin this year and that may be but the Onza limbs were the same height throughout the length of the limb. The Alien flares at the end towards the cams. I know pics would help and I can post some tonight. Can anybody confirm by the paint scheme and grip if it truly is a 2011. There was also no sticker on the riser with serial number.

One other thing that bothered my just by looks was the bottom cam sits extremely close to the limb edge. Maybe 1/8" in between them. The top limb is more centered.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

One thing about martins you can order them anyway you want.I have a 09 AX and it indeed does have a wooden grip but it is glued in.Someone either ordered your bow with thermo grip or they removed wood one and installed thermo grip.
    As far as black carbon fiber paint scheme sounds right,i think that started in 2010 because they had problems with the plain black finish.
    Im not sure about the limbs,mine has barnsdale on mine but i would think if your's has rytera emblem then your good.And as far as how your cams line up thats anybodies guess,mine are spaced evenly so who knows.
    I guess main thing is how does it shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics of your bow will help sorting things out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

I am going to set it up and shoot tonight when I get home. i will post pics and let you know how it shoots. That is my main concern. If it shoots tight I don't care what it is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    .Someone either ordered your bow with thermo grip or they removed wood one and installed thermo grip.
    Correct.

The limbs are 5 layer laminated limbs on the X and all 2011 Martins have solids.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the limb deflection number on the limbs?
    That will identify them.

Post Thanks / Like

i ordered an alien x in 2010 , i got the carbon weave paint scheme. i don't think it was avalible in 09. in 2010 rytera used the cams that didn't have any spacers so the cams can't be ajusted from side to side. both my cams are very close to the limbs on the left side .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,