Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draw length?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehunter, The weird part is I can still move my draw stop to give me even more draw length with a 26" mod.
    whats up with that.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't the draw stop be roughly where the cable rests on the module flatly for each length?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch, I hear ya. That 32 inch measurement was with the draw stop in the center, not maxed out. Beginning to wonder if we need to wrap the cables up tighter, but on my Onza, I have the cables wrapped up so dang tight I'm scared to go any further. And I'm still at 33 5/8ths ATA, not the listed 33 1/4........I do have to say, it is shooting well though. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter to me about the draw length. I have it set for me. I shoot it well, and it hits the mark. But it is weird how they measure draw length. I am a small guy and according to their measurements I shoot a 28 3/4" Draw length. Weird!!!!!!!

Hutch

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Hutch, idk if AtA has anything to do w which mod produces which DL, but my DL is 28.5" on my 30" AtA Cheetah using the F5 mod. W my drop away rest, my arrows are cut to 26.75" and at full draw, my BH n FP sit flush w the shelf. I could easily lose another 1" of arrow length if I wanted to.

Libowhunter, heres some more for ya
    BH=also means broadhead(s)
    FP=field point(s)
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be a common thread here across a number of bows with different cams, as the Shadowcat with 1.5 cams is 1/2" longer in DL than the specs.

Could it be that all the published specs are taken from the R&D departments prototypes and pre-production models and then not updated once the guys on the shop floor start making the 'real thing'?

For my part, I really don't lose sleep over this stuff. I just set the bow up until the DL feels right, set the draw stop so that it just drops into the valley, make sure my arrows are well on the rest and take it from there. Martin, on the other hand, need to align their specs with the production bows, as it implies a lack of attention to detail.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to be happening with a few of the other brands too, I just hope were not seeing the longer draw lengths just to boost IBO speeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    There seems to be a common thread here across a number of bows with different cams, as the Shadowcat with 1.5 cams is 1/2" longer in DL than the specs.

Could it be that all the published specs are taken from the R&D departments prototypes and pre-production models and then not updated once the guys on the shop floor start making the 'real thing'?

For my part, I really don't lose sleep over this stuff. I just set the bow up until the DL feels right, set the draw stop so that it just drops into the valley, make sure my arrows are well on the rest and take it from there. Martin, on the other hand, need to align their specs with the production bows, as it implies a lack of attention to detail.
    Agreed

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    It seems to be happening with a few of the other brands too, I just hope were not seeing the longer draw lengths just to boost IBO speeds.
    I believe you are on to some thing. Now I will have to buy an arm stretcher to keep up! LOL!

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

I think you've hit the nail square on the head. There is nothing wrong with the bows, it's the technical information published and on the web that is all screwed up.

I bought my first Shadowcat knowing full well that despite the longest DL being listed as 30", it would actually go to 30.5" at 65% let off, but I could have been put of buying by two published figures that were wrong; The maximum DL and the ATA, both of which were wrong and shorter than I require.

The reverse is also true, as per previous posts.

So, where within Martin does the problem lie? Are they spending $$$ on literature only to find production bows are different? I work in sales, I know just how much literature costs to print / distribute. If it's a publishing error, there are ways around it. Stickers on flyers are not pretty, but at least you'd know the information was good.

Or is the problem that the technical and production staff are just not communicating with marketing, after all, if you don't know something is wrong, you can't do anything about it.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.