Thread: Can You Tell Me if these limbs will work ..On a Firecat ...????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can You Tell Me if these limbs will work ..On a Firecat ...????

I found a set of 2m limbs off a 2010 shadowcat these are the 4X Laminated CoreFlex Limbs....I want to put these my 08 Firecat which had 2H limbs..and it is a 60lb bow so, these new limbs should be about 57 lbs ...Right , and they should fit ok and everything ? .Oh and are these better made or the same as the the pro x limbs ??...Thanks,,,
    Last edited by ftshooter; 07-04-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll need 09 or newer roto cups also, the 08's had 2 alignment pins that the holes in the limbs aligned with. 09 and newer limbs won't have the alignment holes drilled. Pretty sure there were fewer issues with the 4X limbs than the 08's.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ,,,Dang....where can I get the 09 or newer roto cups ...? I thought I had it fixed ..But, that is why I asked ..Thanks,, for any help you can give

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    You'll need 09 or newer roto cups also, the 08's had 2 alignment pins that the holes in the limbs aligned with. 09 and newer limbs won't have the alignment holes drilled. Pretty sure there were fewer issues with the 4X limbs than the 08's.
    Yep he's right my 08 firecat was updated with new 2010 limbs and cat2 cams and new roto cups,these are some nice shooting bows too.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Screwed

...I just found this Out.......2010 limbs and roto limb cups will adapt to the 08-09 models but the 2008 or 2009 cam systems will not work with the 2010 limbs

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ftshooter View Post
    ... the 2008 or 2009 cam systems will not work with the 2010 limbs
    who says? Might want to measure to be sure. My '08 Cheetah has 13" limbs. I don't remember the measurement between limb tips or the thickness, but my Athens Barnesdale limbs can be used on the Cheetah. IMO, measure the limbs yourself and compare if possible.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340