Post Thanks / Like

Hawg, you are having way too much fun.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hawgenvy,
    it can be a hard hunt. I was blessed with a large 5 point, large doe, and small doe between the two states last year. First time I had 3 deer in one year. It makes it difficult now with the low numbers, because when I was a kid and started hunting, you counted the amount of deer by the dozens. It was nothing to see 20-30 doe opening day of rifle. Now its a miracle to see that many in an entire season. I do see more bucks now, I dont know if thats related to deer numbers, or experience in picking out a good spot to hunt. Time will tell. If I sat days in a row and not seen any deer, wind was perfect, cold weather, everything was right. But I guess thats why its hunting and not shooting.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Hawgenvy,
    it can be a hard hunt. I was blessed with a large 5 point, large doe, and small doe between the two states last year. First time I had 3 deer in one year. It makes it difficult now with the low numbers, because when I was a kid and started hunting, you counted the amount of deer by the dozens. It was nothing to see 20-30 doe opening day of rifle. Now its a miracle to see that many in an entire season. I do see more bucks now, I dont know if thats related to deer numbers, or experience in picking out a good spot to hunt. Time will tell. If I sat days in a row and not seen any deer, wind was perfect, cold weather, everything was right. But I guess thats why its hunting and not shooting.
    We are experiencing really low deer numbers the past few years here too,with bad winters and coyotes,there numbers are real low.Last season was my worst seeing only a couple does,8 pt on the cam but he was only here about once a month.Good luck HE and whack a few for me

Post Thanks / Like

I knew a guy that found a coyote den last summer, he set up a trail cam at the entrance and in a months time counted 20 fawns that the mother brought back to the pups. Can you imagine how big of an impact they are having. A budy of mine, had 2 of his beagles killed in his yard by coyotes. He also shot a doe in archery and hit farther back then he wanted. So he let it set over night, went out bright and early the next morning and it was totally destroyed by coyotes. Winters have been tought here as well.... we will see.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-