Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rytera Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rytera Seeker

Well, got to take a close look at a Rytera Seeker last weekend. I didn't shoot it, but did draw it back. I have to say, one of the most awkward looking bows I have ever seen. lol It did hold nicely, and had a smooth draw. I'd have to wait a year or so before I'd ever consider one though. There's alot of things on that bow that need to be time proven. One neat thing about it though, you can change draw length, and brace heigth easily just by moving the handle forwards and backwards. That also presents the problem of changing the brace heigth when you change the draw length though. It is definitely a novel looking bow though.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Ehunter...I'm glad to see someone finally have hands on w/ this bow even though you did not get to shoot it. I sort of get the handle adjustment idea to fit each archer but are there any true advantages over the design of the bow except that it may be fitted to other archers? Maybe that is the whole idea. It sure looks like it has alot of hardware on it...maybe lots of things to keep adjusted; things to go wrong????

cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

cj, that's exactly my thinking as well. ALOT of nuts and bolts on that thing. Beyond the handle, there's 2 string suppressors, 2 handle bases that can be used as stabilizers, the handle looks like it is basically held on with conduit clamps. This one needs to be time proven, considering the problems of late with the TRG/SOS systems. I did notice it had a cable slide rather than the TRG though. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

[ I did notice it had a cable slide rather than the TRG though. lol[/QUOTE]

Just when we thought no one was listening. lol

Does anyone own/have shooting expeience w/ this bow?
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    [ I did notice it had a cable slide rather than the TRG though. lol
    Just when we thought no one was listening. lol

Does anyone own/have shooting expeience w/ this bow?[/QUOTE]

there's a guy on AT that has one. Do a search there. It's way to fugly for my liking.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    cj, that's exactly my thinking as well. ALOT of nuts and bolts on that thing. Beyond the handle, there's 2 string suppressors, 2 handle bases that can be used as stabilizers, the handle looks like it is basically held on with conduit clamps. This one needs to be time proven, considering the problems of late with the TRG/SOS systems. I did notice it had a cable slide rather than the TRG though. lol
    onieda ring a bell,i think you guys are over reacting,take a deep breath and suck a cold one down..................

Post Thanks / Like

The guy at my shop has one. He said he was one of the first in NY to get one. He was working on setting it up when I was out there last month. He had to take it to another shop where a friend of his works because his press would not work with the bow. I stood next to him as he took a few shots with it. It seems pretty quiet and fast too.
    2012 Alien X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    It's way to fugly for my liking.
    Same here lol! Then there are the other reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    He said he was one of the first in NY to get one
    Now there is a reason to buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up BEAUTY is indeed in the eye of the Beholder!

I think this is just beautiful, graceful, yet symmetrical, great flow to its lines and just deadly looking. That's just me...
    I remember when the first parallel bows seemed butt ugly, now they have grown on people. It takes awhile for us to assimilate innovations into our psyche. This is a thing of Beauty.

Seeker_600-375.jpg
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    I think this is just beautiful, graceful, yet symmetrical, great flow to its lines and just deadly looking. That's just me...
    I remember when the first parallel bows seemed butt ugly, now they have grown on people. It takes awhile for us to assimilate innovations into our psyche. This is a thing of Beauty.

Seeker_600-375.jpg
    Im gonna have to agree with you. When i first seen this picture, i just sat there in amazement for like 10 minutes. It is a real work of Art. If I were Martin, I sure as hell would get this patented.