Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rytera Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

I am another fan in the making.

I know it is an unusual design, that is what appeals to my eye, but then I also own a Bowman Accu-Riser, so my sense of aesthetics might already be a little different to others.

I have no idea when the Seeker is likely to make it to the UK or how much it will cost, but I have a hankering to add one to the collection,
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not me, having that forward handle won't help to reduce torquing the bow, make it worse. I guess it comes down to looks selling a bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Not me, having that forward handle won't help to reduce torquing the bow, make it worse.
    Not arguing, honest question. Are you sure? Watching the BT video about their center pivot bows I would think a trailing pivot would be the most stable of all?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Not me, having that forward handle won't help to reduce torquing the bow, make it worse. I guess it comes down to looks selling a bow.
    A forward handle makes it harder to torque a bow. Thats why Target bows are less reflex most of the times and it is the same reason why recurve bows are a tad harder to torque with the same weight at the end of the draw.

The problem here is that the arrow rest is at the solid riser, not at the moving grip so you get a massive overdraw. THis means that also less torque has a much immense effect.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

How the riser is formed as far as reflex and deflex, has little to no effect on torque. A guy on AT named Vini Vedi Vici proved this, with this illustration. It proves that the Bowtech video is a load of bull too. The only thing that affects torque, is Brace Height. No ifs ands or butts. You could have an extremely reflexed riser, say the Hoyt Alphaburner. Put some longer limbs on it to give it a 7" or more brace height, and it will be harder to torque than it's factory spec at 6". the amount of time the arrow stays on the string, will also help determine how much torque is induced. the longer it stays on (short brace height) the more prone the shot is to torque. The shorter the amount of time (long brace height) it is less prone to the effects of torque.

However, with the current technology we have today, you only really see bows with neutral and deflexed risers having longer brace heights.

According to this bowtech video/screen shots, the cams would have to be in front of the riser. Notice where the string comes off the "dummy" bow? no string comes off the front of the riser. that I know of anyways.
    Last edited by Jake-the-snake; 07-10-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    A forward handle makes it harder to torque a bow. Thats why Target bows are less reflex most of the times and it is the same reason why recurve bows are a tad harder to torque with the same weight at the end of the draw.
    Target bows don't have the majority of the riser behind the grip acting like a pendulum. Tape a forward handle to your bow and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    so you get a massive overdraw
    A massive overdraw that will amplify any torque. Overdraws were rubbish in the past and rubbish now. The forward handle nonsense had been tried before and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    The only thing that affects torque, is Brace Height. No ifs ands or butts.
    Not quite Jake, balance affects torque.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-10-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we will just have to see about the seeker,but i know one thing,if it's good enough for the nuge then it's good enough for me.So when they come out destroyer you want to buy me one,ok thanks out.......................

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    So when they come out destroyer you want to buy me one
    If I had enough money I'd buy everyone one. You would get two Speedykills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Destroyer, hate to disagree with you, but in the past overdraws did have their place. The need for speed was there and how to get speed, cut down the length of them heavy aluminum arrows. Even later, with carbon arrows coming on strong, the overdraws played part in speeding things up. My favorite, my Ole War Horse, has a overdraw riser and I never gave thought of the overdraw effecting my shooting. See pic. How much more overdraw can you get? Me with a 29" draw and my arrow was 26 7/8" for tip of field point to the very end of the nock.

I believe overdraws are still offered by some companies, Hoyt for one. Some of the top shooters on the national circuit are using arrow rests that set back quite a bit.

Even today the overdraw could help quite a few of our short draw people get speed. Our little Smurfette, 37 pound draw and 23" draw could benefit greatly.

Yep, Jake, Destroyer is right.
    I can see where you guys are coming from, and it would make sense. however, the torque I am talking about, and is so commonly seen amongst us archers, is side to side, not canting or tilting. Side to side torque is only affected by where the string leaves the cams, the farther the string from the deepest part of the grip, the less chance there is of torque being induced. and vice versa. What you guys talk about with balance, means the bow will cant one way or another, it can not physically make you turn the bow. Which is why the center pivot bowtechs, is mostly just for advertising. I have shot most of the center pivots, including the invasion. yes they feel different, but only really in the noise department. Their "deflexed" riser does nothing to eliminate torque. The Invasion is just as easy to torque as the Firecat.
    In fact, the Mathews Z7 Extreme would technically be harder to torque than the Invasion.
    With this being said, Short draw guys, should take advantage of low brace height bows. I.E. if one guy has a 30" draw, and shoots a bow with an 8" BH. his power stroke is 22", the same as a guy with a 27" draw shooting a 5" BH bow.

Im not trying to start anything, just a friendly debate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I wasn't thinking of canting or tilting the bow. Balance is also side to side or front to back, roll forward or roll backwards. Normally, the heaviest side of the bow is the sight side - can induce troque - hence, advent of the back balance stab (s). No stabilizers; Deflex bows usually rolls backward. Depending on amount of reflex, reflex bows with sit in the hand or roll slightly forward.

Of the Seeker, the grip/rest sucks. Set up the bow with grip back and cut arrows. Move grip forward and you need new arrows.

Of short brace height, 6 inches and under, and overdraws; Taking good form and good grip in consideration, the real thing that effects either is follow through.
    I will agree with you on this

A 5" brace height bow is just as accurate as a 9" brace height.