Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Stands Behind Their Product

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Stands Behind Their Product

Not sure if you all saw this yet or not, but well worth a look. Kudos to the Martin Family.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...&highlight=trg

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Ike's videos are pretty sweet, he seems to do a pretty fair job on his reviews. I gotta say that its pretty cool that he would eat crow like that. It's also nice to know that Martin has the guts to put their stuff out like that. But it does have me thinking about the TRG SOS conundrum; why is it that they shipped a bow that doesn't have them installed?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty amazing speed that

Post Thanks / Like

Cool You have got to like Ike's reviews....

I enjoy all of his stuff on youtube. His reviews unlike others are usually very thorough and he points to the things that are important to archer's and bowhunters. Thanks for sharing kylecurtis04!

SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP!!!
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing bigger than a man who can admit he has made a mistake, and to do it via a public medium is pretty good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear, and good for Ike admitting his mistake. Well, now for the bad news......the local bow tech that set up the original bow that Ike was unimpressed with is the only local dealer for me. lol Thank God for this forum and you guys being helpful! Now, this video does bring one thing to mind, why doesn't Martin make sure ALL their bows that get shipped out are set-up like this one was for Ike? So it will cost a little more, I think people would be willing to pay just a little more for a bow that is set-up correctly from the start. It would certainly cut back on the Martin bashing we hear so much of, and would make for alot happier customers.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 07-08-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

True but the bow they sent to Ike was setup at 70# and a 30" drawlength. I don't think that everyone shoots at that spec so what is setup for one person would not be for another. Maybe they need to have training classes on how to setup their bows that the tech can go to.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the bow they sent was set up for the IBO test only. 30", 70#, and 350 gr arrow. And the only thing on the strings was a d-loop. It would be nice however if they would at least put as much attention to specs on the bows going out as they did for that bow. My bow came direct from the factory and ATA and BH were all messed up. The only thing "correct" was the draw weight.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Well the bow they sent was set up for the IBO test only. 30", 70#, and 350 gr arrow. And the only thing on the strings was a d-loop. It would be nice however if they would at least put as much attention to specs on the bows going out as they did for that bow. My bow came direct from the factory and ATA and BH were all messed up. The only thing "correct" was the draw weight.
    x2, so what was different between the two bows besides the trg/sos. are the cams timed perfect? is the ata right on instead of 1/2 short like most of the bows we got? what did they do to make it faster so i can know my bow is at its peak. i don't have a chrono and i know a deer doesn't know the difference between 300 + fps and 285 but we all want peak performance
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    what did they do to make it faster
    That is the question isn't it......