Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Stands Behind Their Product

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How do we know what he was shooting through the chrono?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't and we all don't get hand picked bows from Martin either. I like how he said the finish was much better on this bow, why the difference in finish?

Post Thanks / Like

I had asked him on the other forum what was different ... I believe his answer was, the draw length and weight and the fact the original bow he tested was set for him, not 30" as the second one was. Basically, this bow was set up for the speed test only and that's it. I'm still wondering what was wrong with the finish on the first bow and why even the second bow has some flaws but was "better". Hmmmmmmmm .... I think it's a nice bow regardless.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The first review was better, the second one was more of an apology. I would like to see more speed tests on the onza, its the only one I'm interested in.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But with all that is said about any bow company, they are all trying hard to grow their market shares. So whatever they have to do they will. Look at the guys on AT that will buy anything that says its faster, lighter, smoother draw, etc etc. I still think they all have the bug and will pay whatever it costs. I on the other hand would rather But a Martin and deal with it and shoot! shoot! shoot! Then to worry about how I am going to pay for the $1100. M or B bow.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    But with all that is said about any bow company, they are all trying hard to grow their market shares. So whatever they have to do they will. Look at the guys on AT that will buy anything that says its faster, lighter, smoother draw, etc etc. I still think they all have the bug and will pay whatever it costs. I on the other hand would rather But a Martin and deal with it and shoot! shoot! shoot! Then to worry about how I am going to pay for the $1100. M or B bow.

Hutch
    My old man has been shooting Martins since he first started bowhunting. He said, "Why in hell would I pay 900$ for a bow, when I can get this Martin that feels, shoots just as fast, and looks even better? I would rather pay 400$ for the bow, and use the rest of the money for quality Accessories!"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hmmmm... Quality accessories and a excellent bow at a cheap price...I like that.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem is that Martin is fighting the continual price rise. Only a few years ago, $750 was the high end, now look at it.

Post Thanks / Like

wow you mean for only $1500 i can own a cool bow. you know thats what all the manufactures are thinking when they saw thecarbonmatrix. holy sh@$$%%, i saw a quiver for $269 the other day in a hunting mag. thats more than most monthly utility bills(maybe not in january), that could be a car payment for some of us penny pinchers
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

I think that maybe part of it (in relation to hype) is that the engineers can design a cam to perform a certain way at a certain rotation (draw length). So they design a cam that has it "sweet spot" at 30" dl to maximize the hype of IBO.

The problem with that is that if you have a draw (like me) that is shorter than 30" you can't take advantage of the cam design. (Not to mention just the physics of force and momentum we lack from the string's shorter path of influence.)

So then you get someone like me or Ike that does a review and says "well, its slower than I had expected from the IBO..." we were dealt the short end of the stick to begin with ( notice the pun?) because the cams don't reach full potential in our stubby little arms!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps