Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Broadhead tuning

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now you know how I felt when I couldn't even get my dl right! Then I found out from Sonny T they had old school technology on it for a draw stop

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    This FC400 is making me feel like I've never tuned a bow before.
    Good bows tune easy, crap bows tune hard. And then there is the 'un-tunable' rubbish that gets sold or in my case 'destroyed'.

Post Thanks / Like

EHunter

If I have as much troubles as you when I get to BH tuning I'm going to just buy some Grim Reaper or other mechanicals and forget about it. I think mechanicals are reliable enough these days that I won't loose any sleep over it.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Reviving this thread for a last post. I tore the FC400 completely down and started over. Skipped the papertuning, and just did horizontal and vertical line. Then walklback tuned. Same thing I did last time. I have no idea what turned out differently, but I am now grouping very well with FP & BH out to 60 yards. Both hitting the same spot. Something is different, but I have no idea what. Not gonna tear it back down to figure it out either. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Could be Earth's magnetic field varied at your geological position creating harmonic conditions that allowed dynamic changes in your bow's behavior when being re-assembled and tune sighted. Just a thought.
    Man, I was just goin to say that !!!
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Something is different, but I have no idea what. Not gonna tear it back down to figure it out either. lol
    See my sig lol!

We could discuss why its different now but there is no point really, don't want to jinx it. Is that all bows tuning well now?

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny, I figured it was something simple like that. lol I thought it might be that my right arm is slightly bigger than my left, and that was pulling my shot off, but your explanation seems to be the simpler of the two. lol

Destroyer. Both the 70# bows (FC400 and Onza) are shooting FP & BH in the same spot out to 60 yards. I haven't shot BH's through the 60# Onza, since I use expandables for turkey hunting. Last turkey I shot with a fixed blade gave me a clean pass through, and a lost arrow. lol

All 3 bows are shooting perfectly though, and getting great groups and good speed out of them. The FC is a little noisier than the Onza's, but nothing I think the deer will notice. Onza's are almost dead quiet.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

EHunter

What do yo mean you tore it down and started over, what was tore down?

Since broadhead tuning is in my future do you mind explaining your process. Since I have a FC 400 it may work for me too.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

MLN, I stripped it back down to bare bow, and started over. Only thing I left on was the whiskers and peep. Put the rest and sights back on, then eyeballed in centershot, then started with vertical and horizontal line tuning. Basically did like the video that was posted from AT on a "quick tune" for bow set-up. Then I walk back tuned to 60 yards. After that, I got my sights set, and tried a broadhead at 30 yards. Was just barely high, so I rotated the D-loop one turn around the string, and it the BH's were dead on after that. Now they are shooting within a 5 inch circle at 60 yards, right along with my field points. The video is in "Bow Set Up Tips" in the forum here. Sonny is the one that started that thread. I'd cut and paste, but I'm a computer caveman. lol
    Last edited by Ehunter; 08-10-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

well im going to toss a muzzy mx3 through my ax toninght and if it hits with my feild points i might grab a pack of them. i am 3 for 3 with my shockwaves though, and i know they fly dead on, but i have yet to get a pass through, and one blood trail didnt exsist.... i just walked over and grabbed my deer 50 yards away. anyway after my broadhead test im off to try to tag another management town deer.... well the mx3 flew perfectly, out to 50 yards anyway. just as i suspected it would...... had never shot a fixed blade through my bow until tonight
    Last edited by justin; 09-21-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight