Thread: My bow's back!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My bow's back!

Ahhhh, all the anger is gone and I can shoot again. Thanks to Martin, I now have 70# limbs and I'm loving it. So after a month hiatus, I was back at the range. I did alright, but need to work on my form a bit. It is set at just over 60# so I didn't adjust my sights yet. I'm waiting to have a steady grouping before I do anything.

I'm waiting for a dozen of arrows that are being built to the best of my knowledge. 352gr total weight (GT XT, with 2" helical blazers) including 85gr field points. Once they get here, I'll tune my bow in accordance. My goal is to bring my pins closer. Having said that, I'm in the process of buying a rangefinder, which I hope will eliminate the need of having closer pins. Anyhow, between scouting and range practicing, my summer will be pretty busy.

SG

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's good news!!! Nothing like the feeling of letting an arrow fly.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Stéphane was having withdrawals. I am glad to here you are back into business.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    Having said that, I'm in the process of buying a rangefinder
    What have you looked at? I just bought a cheap Simmons and I'm pretty happy with it. Only problem is I'm using it too much and feel 'naked' without it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    What have you looked at? I just bought a cheap Simmons and I'm pretty happy with it. Only problem is I'm using it too much and feel 'naked' without it!
    Scout ARC 1000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    Scout ARC 1000.
    I have this range finder. I haven't used it in the field yet but it is pretty nice. I like that it had a mode for bow and mode for rifle.

If I had a chance to do it again I would get the next one up, Scout 1200 ARC, for one reason. You can program the rounds ballistic coefficient for bullet drop compensation where the Scout 1000 ARC bullet selection is limited and zero is preset to 100 yards. I don't want to use a 100 yard zero so basically the BDC is useless for me. I still like the Scout 1000 rangefinder for bow and if you don't mind a 100 yard zero it is great. If you also shoot rifles and want a little more flexibility the 1200 ARC may be something to think about.
    Firecat 400