Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your first car?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What was your first car?

AS's thread got me thinking that maybe we should do a first car thread for everyone else. Since it was my idea I will start off.

I don't have picture right now but my first car was a '70 Dodge Challenger. It was green with a white vinyl top ( I hated that damn roof totally ruined the look of the car) and it had a 318ci engine. Now that I look back on it it may not have been the best first car for me as I still don't know how I made it past 18 in it.

On a side note I was brought home from the hospital in that car and I was one weekend from bringing my girls home from the hospital in it. I had planned it all out and I was going to work on it that weekend but there was a doctors appointment during the week and while I was at work I got a call saying they were coming and to get my A$$ home now and never got a chance to get the car running. They were 1.5 months early which is common with twins I hear but I wish someone had thought to tell me that before they were born.

Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 1983 Honda accord. My father bought it for me. It had a rebuilt engine. One day, driving north back into San Diego from Tijuana. The Engine oil decided to remove itself from the Engine. The Engine was a loss. I ended up selling it to a neighbor DIY engine mechanic.

I then went out and bought my first car...a 82 Old Cutlass Supreme. I had some great memories in that car I wish I still had it.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 1969 Toyota corolla. Fixed it up and drove it everywhere.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

1969 Chevy Impala Coupe.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

67 ford ranchero. Completely redone by my grandfather, 302, custom black paint with gold flake, leather interior, lowered 3 inches. My grandfather gave it to me when I was 15. Never made it out of the garage much, hard to keep a hot rod running making minimum wage as a teenager. Its up for sale now, sits in the garage to much, want someone to enjoy it before it goes to much down hill.
    My first car I owned and drove every day was a 98 hyundia tiburon, bought when I was 16, with hard earned money made at mcdonalds, lumber yards, farms, and anywhere else that would hire a 15 yr old. Started with 52,000 miles and I drove it to the junkyard with 185,000, 8 yrs later. No major issues or repairs, still running well, but needed to much work to keep on the road, not worth selling. Loved that car, and I beat on it bad, held up well.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

'76 old cutlass supreme w a swapped in gold series "rocket" 350. Red w black top,black interior, cragar ss rims,regular tires in the front,wide ones in the rear. The trunk held plenty of beer and the backseat held plenty of ladies I worked as a dishwasher and saved my cash. One of the waiters gave me a ride home in it one night and I HAD to have it. My momma wasn't thrilled that I bought a hot rod,but daddy sure was.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

My first vehicle was a 1952 chevy pickup.Had a stright 6,grany gear,baby moons,loved that truck.Just like bows a sold it to buy something else.

Post Thanks / Like

my first car was an 84 f150 with 300 inline 6 cylinder. Even with bald *** tires it would still go anywhere my pops jeep would go.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was a 1966 HR Holden. Same model as this but not in the same condition, different color.

Attachment 3312

Post Thanks / Like

1977 Chrysler Cordoba, similar to the pick below. I'd have to dig through my photo album to find an actual pic. I worked all summer and saved up $500, which my dad matched and we bought the car when I was 15. It was white with white leather interior, a sunroof, and big block 400 v8. Wasn't real fast off of the line, but would flat move when you kicked in the passing gear. I grew up in a small farming town surrounded by wheat fields, and I thought I was in the Dukes of Hazard or something. If my parents knew of all the crap I put that car through on those gravel roads, they would have never let me out . I look back now and thank God I'm alive.... What a great car, sometimes I wish I still had it
    Cordoba_1977.jpg
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps