Thread: What was your first car?

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    Small world Peace... I grew up on the other side of the mountain. I used to be able to hear the dirt track and drag strip from my back yard.
    Small World indeed, yeah in the summer Friday and Saturday nights it was the dirt track and Sundays sometimes you could hear Big Daddy Don Garlits or Shirley Muldowney and their rigs....every teenager in Lebanon seemed to work there except us. Every now and then we would get to go to the track...but my old man gave me and my brother a section of land for our own dirt track...we had fun with our field cars. Cut the back roof off of a '58 Chevy station wagon and made an El Camino before there were any LOL. It was a great utility vehicle for around the gas station and used parts lot.

We used to have a farm on Route 66 East Nassau, it eventually became a camp grounds. I wanted to bow hunt but the old man wanted meat on the table quick so I was only allowed to gun hunt. He felt bowhunting consumed too much time from the farm and family businesses. Stalk and Still hunting was the name of the game back then for us. Bow hunters did cool stuff like hunt from self made blinds. Tree stands were just coming out it seemed.

Back then you couldn't tell opening day of hunting season from the Fourth of July, Those were the days of rifle racks in pickups and for some reason if you got a 8,10 or 12 pointer you seemed to find a reason to ride all over the county with it tied on your vehicle before you ever got home with it.
    Last edited by peace; 07-18-2011 at 02:41 AM.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com