Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just about done setting this bow up, need HELP!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the feel of the fuzion cam. I had one on my Jaguar. Had the nitrous C's on my C3 cougar mag and prefer the draw of the fuzion cam. My C3 was in spec @ 36.5"/6 7/8 bh. Shoot it. If it feels good,dont worry bout it.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default Settling for....

A 6-1/4" BH with a 36" ATA, could probably drop the BH another 1/8 and get the ATA up to 36-1/4" but I am near the sweet spot of this bow where it is. Someone once posted a revised BH for this bow of 6.125 BH and I know that is possible, I have taken her there again, but now with the new F-7 Module in place I am just going to work on the DL and be content.

It's good to know that HawgEnvy was able to get his to spec, I think this may be the reason this bow set for 8 years and was never set up. Maybe the limbs have got a set in them, don't even know if that is possible, just thinking out loud. I like the fact that this bow has taken me to school on bow setup. I have taken this down like I would a firearm. I have never owned a firearm I didn't completely take apart then clean and put back together before firing. So now I am learning to apply the same discipline to a bow.

Now working on as Howard Hill says, "becoming the arrow." LOL!
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 02 Cougar Mag and my sticker has similar specs on it; string 94, cable 39, but mine is 50-65 lbs. I am currently shooting the F-7 module 31" DL at 66 lbs. Mine also has the Fuzion cam. The website listed the following specs for the 2002; ATA 36, BH 6 7/8. Mine measured ATA 36 1/8 and BH 6 5/8 when I put new strings on it last month.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    I have an 02 Cougar Mag and my sticker has similar specs on it; string 94, cable 39, but mine is 50-65 lbs. I am currently shooting the F-7 module 31" DL at 66 lbs. Mine also has the Fuzion cam. The website listed the following specs for the 2002; ATA 36, BH 6 7/8. Mine measured ATA 36 1/8 and BH 6 5/8 when I put new strings on it last month.
    Wow! That is interesting, somehow I believe that I need to be around 36" plus or minus an eighth for the ATA which the 02 is showing, but I definitely have an 03 riser, and there is no way I am getting to a 36-1/2" ATA. Good to see the variance. I have the F-7 set at the #2 peg for the straight up 31" DL but I haven't yet verified if that is what I am getting.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    Wow! That is interesting, somehow I believe that I need to be around 36" plus or minus an eighth for the ATA which the 02 is showing, but I definitely have an 03 riser, and there is no way I am getting to a 36-1/2" ATA. Good to see the variance. I have the F-7 set at the #2 peg for the straight up 31" DL but I haven't yet verified if that is what I am getting.
    Mine is also set on the #2 peg. My measurements may change a little, as we were not too concerned about being right on spec at first because the string and cable were both brand new and we thought they may move a little as the string settled. Now that I have shot it quite a bit, I am pretty sure the string did not move (nice job Hutch). So just a little bit of twisting/untwisting and we will be all set. When ever I get around to that I'll let you know how my measurements come out.
    2012 Alien X