Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Cheetah strikes

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default the Cheetah strikes

earlier tonight,bout 9pm,i was out shootin in the yard. I switched from a single pin to a multi-pin sight last night.My old Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil. I drilled the pin guard and installed a light for night hunts. I'd just finished sighting in my 35yd pin,when dark was settling in. I had two more arrows then I was done. I nocked my second to last arrow,drew,and anchored. Just as I was about to release, a coon stepped from the brushline and started crossing the yard...right in front of the target. I couldn't believe it,so I adjusted my aim and released. Shooting right in front of the coon. I pulled my arrows and went in to get my kill light put on the Cheetah. I came back out equipped w two Harvet Time HT-2's tipped w Slick Tricks and went to wait at the back of the yard,taking stand on the old flat bed truck. It wasn't but 5min when I heard the weeds rustling. I hit the opening w the red filtered light and saw the coon. I drew back and released and that thing let out a mean snarl as it whirled back into the scrub. All went quiet and I went to the bloodtrail. It took a few minutes to find it in the tangle of weeds,cut brush and grapevines,but I got it. I'm guessing about 10-12lbs female.

Athens-1
    Martin-1
    Coons-0

I'm breakin in the bows good n proper for this deer season. Can't wait to stick a Trick in a deer.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice short story Hawg!

Do people eat the raccoons?

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Hawg...How far a shot was it? Still at 35 yds?
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Hawg!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another one bites the dust, another one another one down Another one bites the dust! Sorry! just a little queen singing to back up the Cheetah! Killer of the coons!

Nice story.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Destroyer, some people must eat coons as I have a wildgame cookbook w recipes for em. But I don't think I would. I'd put that right up there w possum. I may be redneck,but I aint hillbilly. Lol

CJ, it was 10yds when it came out of the brush the second time

hutch, I start singing that everytime I shoot something,lol. Oh,btw, I forwarded an email to you for a contest from BHPTV. Did you get it?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

That has got to be hard on the Slick Tricks! They must hit the ground on an animal that size.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

not a mark on the ST and still sharp. I had unscrew the shaft from the head to get it out of a piece of 3/8" osb that the boys were using for their fort. No damage to the shaft or head. The coon was on a little bank that the board was laying on. The arrow went through the front right shoulder and exited out the back left leg and into the board.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    hutch, I start singing that everytime I shoot something,lol. Oh,btw, I forwarded an email to you for a contest from BHPTV. Did you get it?
    Yes I got it haven't had time to really look at it yet. I think Arrow Splitter did.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

some people must eat coons as I have a wildgame cookbook w recipes for em
    Must eat? Is there regulations that hunters have to?

But I don't think I would
    Don't look very appetizing but you never know.