Thread: What Do You Think Of..

deer dude

Default What Do You Think Of..

this set up im thinking of buying soon.will be used for deer and general practice.-martin pantera,60lbs with a 28 inch draw,qad ultra rest ld,sword twilight hunter sight,27.5 inch arrow-g.t camo xt hunters-5575s-total arrow weight will be around 381grains,sts,sims leaches on the string with a fletchers peep.what kind of fps do you think i would get,not really worried about the speed thing though,i just want a good solid hunting set up.

Bellows1

I don't know the speeds you may get, but I think you'll be happy with the bow.

yank

Default martin web page address

do you know the web page address or day phone number need to call service thanks dave

Bellows1

Postal Address:
    3134 W. Highway 12
    Walla Walla, WA 99362
    USA
    Phone & Fax:
    Phone: 509.529.2554
    Fax: 509.529.2186

mysnake12

Default hope you read this reply

I have been hunting and shooting in archery for the last 26 years...and have given up on all the pro-shops....I won't let anyone touch my equipment but myself!!! Why??? Because, after many years of studying and testing my own equipment have come up with a ultimate and accurate package on every piece of equipment that I have owned...not that you have to do that...I just like it!!! Anyways, with the great expanse of knowledge the internet has to offer, you can speed certain questions up with a few properly asked questions...I personally have gotten into the knowledge of "mathematics and physics" of a bow and probably have nearly every formula needed for archery equipment necessary written down and know how to use them!!!!

So to answer your question and give you a little quick insight into internet knowledge...simply type in "archery hut" (none of these, " ,by the way, I am just trying to emphasize) hit search and in the top ten list "bill pellegrino's archery hut" should be in the list--click on that---hit calculators in his main page and it comes up with three crucial and neccesary calculators for all hunting archers (1) IBO speed adjustment calculator;(2)Kinetic Energy calculator;(3)Front of Center (F.O.C.) calculator....o.k. so now you are on your way to learning about every bow you own...kind of....that F.O.C. thing is crucial to very accurate arrow flight, by the way ( 5-7% is the best I normally come up with and that is right in the ball park)

So, for what it is worth, I took the liberty of punching and calculating what you had for information and a little studying on the bow that you would like to purchase: You will get approximately 270 f.p.s. with 61.7 foot lbs. of energy...which is actually really good...I know it bousts 310 f.p.s., but you know that I.B.O. thing is deceiving, you got to take in a ton of factors...and just so you know...I calculated approximately 20 grains for string, not knowing actuall weight of peep and string silencers...no biggy anyways, they only effect within a couple f.p.s. 61.7 foot lbs. of energy should satisfactoraly get you well over a deer penetration, including elk and similar type critters, just a little short however for dangerous game...like cape buffalo and such...hope you where not planning on going to Africa for "Big Dangerous Game"...I would be jealous anyways..ha!ha!

Last but not least, this calculator I am refering to is actually very accurate, I personally own a "beta chrony" chronograph and found the math to be very close to real life in a chronograph's eyes!!! You where probably wondering if I owned a chronograph? Since I do it on my own that is, and you where right...buy one for yourself...they are great and you won't believe how much you will use one yourself, heck a good one like I own will measure the speed of your kids spitballs for under a $150.00 bucks, and did I mention they will even measure up to 5,000 f.p.s. if you like hunting or shooting with a high powered rifle!!!!(NO OFFENSE OUT THERE IN BOW LAND BY THE WAY)

mysnake12

Default hope you read this reply

I have been hunting and shooting in archery for the last 26 years...and have given up on all the pro-shops....I won't let anyone touch my equipment but myself!!! Why??? Because, after many years of studying and testing my own equipment have come up with a ultimate and accurate package on every piece of equipment that I have owned...not that you have to do that...I just like it!!! Anyways, with the great expanse of knowledge the internet has to offer, you can speed certain questions up with a few properly asked questions...I personally have gotten into the knowledge of "mathematics and physics" of a bow and probably have nearly every formula needed for archery equipment necessary written down and know how to use them!!!!

So to answer your question and give you a little quick insight into internet knowledge...simply type in "archery hut" (none of these, " ,by the way, I am just trying to emphasize) hit search and in the top ten list "bill pellegrino's archery hut" should be in the list--click on that---hit calculators in his main page and it comes up with three crucial and neccesary calculators for all hunting archers (1) IBO speed adjustment calculator;(2)Kinetic Energy calculator;(3)Front of Center (F.O.C.) calculator....o.k. so now you are on your way to learning about every bow you own...kind of....that F.O.C. thing is crucial to very accurate arrow flight, by the way ( 5-7% is the best I normally come up with and that is right in the ball park)

So, for what it is worth, I took the liberty of punching and calculating what you had for information and a little studying on the bow that you would like to purchase: You will get approximately 270 f.p.s. with 61.7 foot lbs. of energy...which is actually really good...I know it bousts 310 f.p.s., but you know that I.B.O. thing is deceiving, you got to take in a ton of factors...and just so you know...I calculated approximately 20 grains for string, not knowing actuall weight of peep and string silencers...no biggy anyways, they only effect within a couple f.p.s. 61.7 foot lbs. of energy should satisfactoraly get you well over a deer penetration, including elk and similar type critters, just a little short however for dangerous game...like cape buffalo and such...hope you where not planning on going to Africa for "Big Dangerous Game"...I would be jealous anyways..ha!ha!

Last but not least, this calculator I am refering to is actually very accurate, I personally own a "beta chrony" chronograph and found the math to be very close to real life in a chronograph's eyes!!! You where probably wondering if I owned a chronograph? Since I do it on my own that is, and you where right...buy one for yourself...they are great and you won't believe how much you will use one yourself, heck a good one like I own will measure the speed of your kids spitballs for under a $150.00 bucks, and did I mention they will even measure up to 5,000 f.p.s. if you like hunting or shooting with a high powered rifle!!!!(NO OFFENSE OUT THERE IN BOW LAND BY THE WAY)

mysnake12

sorry, I DOUBLE CLICKED, OOPS!! But maybe it is worth reading twice, lot's of good info...I have nothing to hide, and if anyone wants my opinion on a particular set up...i have definetly tried them all( kinda expensive..but my choice) guess, I am at the right place...MARTINS FOREVER?????

deer dude

Quote Originally Posted by mysnake12
    sorry, I DOUBLE CLICKED, OOPS!! But maybe it is worth reading twice, lot's of good info...I have nothing to hide, and if anyone wants my opinion on a particular set up...i have definetly tried them all( kinda expensive..but my choice) guess, I am at the right place...MARTINS FOREVER?????
    hey ,thanks for all the useful info.and im going to look up the sight you mentioned,thanks again for your help.

mysnake12

Glad you found a little bit of usefullness out of my comment!!!! I am always happy to help...if you have any problems finding the internet sight I mentioned, just give me a yell!!! Have a good day and happy hunting/shooting!!!

smarpo

JUst curious if you are interesred in speed did you know the nitrous cams are available for the pantera? The web site and Martins catalogue don't show it but my dealer told me about the misprint. I even have a bengal with the nitrous cams, the only one at this time. Love the speed. We put it through the chrono when I picked it up. 26" draw, 63lbs., 415gr. aluminum arrow. whisker bisket rest[wrong size had medium bisket for carbons, tight fit], 3 brass nock points, peep and cats whiskers. 250 fps. That should translate into 320-330 fps. IBO.