Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new stealth cam archers choice

Post Thanks / Like

Default new stealth cam archers choice

after checking out chasingame.com i decided that the stealth cam archers choice was a pretty good cam for the money and found walmart actually had it cheaper than anywhere else(by $40) online only though, but free in store pick up
    So does anyone have experience with these cams?
    Any security ideas, all of my spots are public, but usually lesser traveled areas so it will need to be locked. do i buy a lock box (its the smaller type) or is there something smarter? it has password protection, but that is pretty much worthless.
    thanks in advance
    b
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

I would try to find a lockbox,since it is public land,but we lose them on private land down here.Lock it up if you can.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I built a lock box for the t cam and lock it up all the time. Wouldn't think of leaving it out there with out locking it up. Too many thieves.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious about cheaper game cams. I dont really want to spend more then 75, any suggestions? I dont need top of the line, but dont want to drop 75 for junk, when 25 more would get a much better set up. any ideas are welcome, i'm clueless on this stuff.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

We use this one, http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...eProductSearch and I can't name one thing that's wrong with it, except that the trigger speed is a little slow, but we've gotten many good photos from it. It's inside a lock box that my Dad built, and it's been out in all weather conditions, with no problems. We run it off of a 6 volt rechargeable battery from Walmart, which allows it to be in the woods for about a month before the battery need to be charged.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks arrowsplitter, I've seen that one and wondered how well it works. I love the idea of a game camera, just havent found the money to put one to use.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an example of the picture quality:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry boobowbender, we went a little off-topic. Ford, you might want to start a thread about cheaper game cameras.

A.S

Post Thanks / Like

sorry about that, didnt mean to highjack ya.

Post Thanks / Like

no worries, its all good.
    i got a wild view. works pretty good and came with a security band and cable! only dislikes, i can only take one picture per 30 seconds if a bucks head is wrong i cant see it well. and in video mode it doesn't take a pic at the end to give it a time stamp-too bad because videos are really cool, but i would like to pattern times. i think the model is d8d. my girl bought it for my bday last year, my first camera. i was hooked. wish i could afford a case of them. i need one everywhere!
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows