Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Archery has GREAT customer service!!!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rangerj, Brings up a good point. I also have a good dealer. I believe he is a five star dealer. That I think also makes a big difference in how they are treated and how they treat us.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    That I think also makes a big difference in how they are treated and how they treat us.
    Yes, without a good dealer the customer service isn't so good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Yes, without a good dealer the customer service isn't so good.
    I don't have a Martin dealer near me at all and Martin is willing to take care of me through a local Pro Shop. I would imagine having a reputable Martin Dealer to work with certainly may make a difference in some cases.

Post Thanks / Like

Last Year I had limb problems with my 2010 Firecat TR2,Martin had me up and shooting in 5 days. I also had a good Martin Dealer to work with.

This dealer worked on another Martin Bow twice that I didn't buy from him and he didn't charge anything.Good guy to deal with.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Bowhunter View Post
    I don't have a Martin dealer near me at all and Martin is willing to take care of me through a local Pro Shop. I would imagine having a reputable Martin Dealer to work with certainly may make a difference in some cases.
    Where in NY are you?
    2012 Alien X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Bowhunter View Post
    I don't have a Martin dealer near me at all and Martin is willing to take care of me through a local Pro Shop.
    That's good. Shops here simply don't want to know about any bow that they didn't sell. Apparently is too 'hard'!!!
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-12-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    Where in NY are you?
    I'm in a small town called Grangerville. The closest "more well known" city to me would be Saratoga Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    That's good. Shops here simply don't want to know about any bow that they didn't sell. Apparently is too 'hard'!!!
    I find that being in a small town that the local business owners tend to be alittle more helpful than say a bigger place like Albany, NY. I have experienced exactly what you're talking about when I've ventured the hour + to a larger archery shop in a big place like Albany/Schenectady. I got that feeling that if you had something they didn't carry, they weren't as eager to help you. I had mentioned the Hoyt Ultratec I had and the lack of interest by the employee or owner, whoever it was, definitely dropped an notch or twelve!! I certainly understand what you're talking about. It does suck and to me being someone that has only been at this archery stuff for alittle over a year, it's disheartening. From the service I have received from Martin though, I could care less about the "bigger" archery shops!! I'll continue to frequent the local Pro shop here and keep it on a more personal level of service. Everyone here knows everyone by name when you walk through the door. oh one more thing ...

I'M PROUD TO BE A MARTIN OWNER!!!
    Last edited by NY_Bowhunter; 07-13-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather never had to speak with anyone to know they have great customer service. What I'm seeing is Martin has great cover up skills. Common people. You never have enough time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it a second or third time! I tell my son this several times a week but it should be a motto at Martin IMO.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Well, I'd rather have great customer service through a reliable bow and is set to specs. Ask Destroyer how he feels right now.

I just read his thread!! OMG!! A 2010 bow is having problems? Those pics he posted are the EXACT look of my lower limb and in the SAME spot no less!!! My upper limb has a cracked through it in the V part where the cam is. I do hope he gets the service I got ... or I was at least promised.

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I'd rather never had to speak with anyone to know they have great customer service. What I'm seeing is Martin has great cover up skills. Common people. You never have enough time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it a second or third time! I tell my son this several times a week but it should be a motto at Martin IMO.
    Point well taken. My 2008 Slayer Extreme is the first Martin bow I've owned. I agree with you very much,as I'm a perfectionist myself. If you're gonna do it, do it right THE FIRST TIME! I do see alot of complaints about the limbs on many Martin bow models and as someone else brought up, I wonder what the real % is of problems across the lines. I do hope that all are taken care of as well as I am.