Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Peep Survey

Post Thanks / Like

1/8" G5 peep

Post Thanks / Like

1/4" G5 Meta
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

7/64" fits perfect for my pro hunter sight. Which has a smaller outer ring.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

One Red Eye Peep, and one G5 Meta, both 1/4 inch
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So a few Fletcher's still being used, some G5's and a few others. I expected to see more G5's due to the 'speed increase' that they claim. Size is interesting to, I might start a new thread with a poll to see it more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    1/8 Speciality peep with #6 verifier on the field/3D bow and a 1/4 hooded Speciality with a #5 verifier on the hunter.
    WELCOME BACK MATE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding size, I think it depends on the sight used and the bows use.

To comply with NFAS rules, I only use a 5 pin sight. No magnification or clarifier lenses are allowed. I tried a smaller diameter peep, but once in heavy woodland or dark conditions, it's almost impossible to see the sight pins, so although 1/16" is a little large, I can live with it.

I know other archers who use pins / lenses / clarifiers etc who cannot cope with anything less than 1/4"; for me, that would be like looking through a huge round window, and I would be better off without.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    Regarding size, I think it depends on the sight used and the bows use.
    x2 Right on!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher 3/16 on the AX and a 3/16 RedEye on the Onza

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    So a few Fletcher's still being used, some G5's and a few others. I expected to see more G5's due to the 'speed increase' that they claim. Size is interesting to, I might start a new thread with a poll to see it more easily.

WELCOME BACK MATE!!!
    Let's put it this way. I have a G5 in my box. In fact I have a little pill bottle with peeps I used back in the mid 70's. I remember one brand being Papeep, SureZpeep. Must have at least a dozen in there from 1/32" up to 5/16" (G5). Frankly I see no perceptable performance difference in any of those shaped like the Fletcher and the Fletcher is priced way lower than the G5. 5 or 6 grains isn't going to make me or break me. The only reason I mostly use Specialty is so I can use a Verifier lens. Without it I see 3 pins in the housing of my HHA and all three are blurry.

Now we can always discuss different color options offered by some. To me it doesn't matter. Black works fine, but if I want a particular color then that can be taken care of with a can of spray paint. I have no reason to SEE the peep and never do. I see through the peep and as such it lines up every time because I take the time and effort to tweak it's position and the draw length of the bow so I don't have to move my head to find that hole.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

no peep now. but when I did use one it was g5 meta 1/4" or 3/16. Never did find a size that perfectly outline my front sight housing because of my short draw length, and severe angle of the string on the 30" ata exile. I'm loving no peep now, more accurate then ever now.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-