Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: odd grouping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    Do you know if it is the same 2 arrows every time? I took a sharpie and numbered my arrows, since I just bought the arrows, I wanted to make sure if I had 1 that was a flier, I would only have to worry about that one arrow instead of guessing if I flubbed the shot.
    This!!!!!
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What rest?

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch has a good point too. Alot of guys shoot a release that's too long for them. I use the second pad of my finger to fire the release, not the tip of my finger. That helps prevent jerking the trigger.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a qad drop away.

I worked with it a little last night. I'm pretty sure that it was my grip. The way my sight system works is once its set, you have to repeat exactly the same sequence of hand position, anchor point, everything to get the front pin to line up with the rear dove tail. I'm pretty sure I had set the sight up with to aggressive of a grip. So I started from scratch, reset up the rear sight, re sighted in with the front pins. I now have the grip if the meaty part of the webbing of my hand, with knuckles roughly 30-45 degrees. My consistancy is much better. Still working on the dialing in, but at least I'm consistantly off the same every time. And the few groups I did shoot are much better at distance.
    Just for clarity I have the eliminator extreme rear sight if it was a regular peep I would be done by now. But I like the system and want to work with it so I need to learn patience. My biggest issue right now is running out of left hand adjustment in the front sight. But I rewatched the instruction dvd last night and have a new way to attack.
    Also have you guys noticed differences in how much a click or two adjust left or right on a sight at 10 yds compared to 30? Am I right in assuming just like a rifle scope, that close in it takes more clicks to get it centered, then further out?
    If the question doesnt make sense check out the website for my sight, or my album has a picture of the rear sight.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

ok, that helps. I was trying to dial in to much at like 10 yds, just hoping to raise the sight as it got out farther. I think I will get it reasonable with some left adjustment left, take it out to 35 then dial in the left to right. that might just solve my problem.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    ok, that helps. I was trying to dial in to much at like 10 yds, just hoping to raise the sight as it got out farther. I think I will get it reasonable with some left adjustment left, take it out to 35 then dial in the left to right. that might just solve my problem.
    Essentially you are trying the walkback method of tuning. You may have to tweak your rest a bit. Once this is done you should shoot dead center at all distances. Yes, if the sight is off a bit it will show up more at longer distances, but if your centershot is correct then you should be able to sight in at 30 yards or so and see no appreciable change at 10 yards or vise versa.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver