Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STS - Gimmick?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the string supressor, no matter the brand. It definately works to quiet the bow, makes a big difference on my exile and the equalizer. My sims completely eliminated the string from slapping my forearm, love that.
    The sos is junk, falls apart way to fast. and it tears wear it mounts, not where the string contacts, in less then 300 shots. Plus extremly poor placement on the string, no kisser. Martin should scrap that horrible idea. I've never used the sts but it sounds great, and would use it in a heartbeat if it was compatible with my bow. I think it should be standard equipment on all martins, its a cheap upgrade that makes the bow an even better deal. In fact because I like you guys so much I have an sts martin sent me to try and appease me after the sos broke after a month of shooting. Needless to say I told them it wont work on my bow, the assured me it would. Well it doesnt. So if you send me a self addressed stamped envelop package I will send it to you for free. First come first serve, pm me and I will give you my address. I dont know how it mounts or anything about it, just know it wont go on my 2011 exile. I cant gurantee it will work on your bow, thats up to you to figure out how it works and what it fits.
    When I hunt I want silence and speed, and I think my sims string decelerator does that, and I'm sure the sts does it as well. I know with my buddys bear game over bow it makes that bow extremly quiet. Maybe the quietist bow I've ever heard. It has the single stop, no string leeches and all you hear is the thwak when the arrow hits the target. And that is with an IBO weight arrow, at 70lbs. Impressive, so much so I talked my father in law into buying one. Bear is making a really good bow for an affordable price, and most of their line has the string stop.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

My Cat definitely makes more noise without the STS, but I never heard of a 3D target 'jumping the string'.

If noise is the only advantage (and I do like the lack of noise), then at least there is a purpose to the STS, but I would prefer better accuracy over quieter any day.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

both bows in my sig wear an SOS. I don't have whiskers on either one. SOS is fine
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I found it to be a HUGE change in vibration dampening on my 2010 Cheetah. I set it up just like the instructions stated, and have had no issues... Gave me a lot of noise reduction, and once I tightened the set screw, while using RED locktite, I have had no issues...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    C'mon Destroyer, we aren't against any of the other bow companies.
    Just teasing mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Bear is making a really good bow for an affordable price, and most of their line has the string stop.
    Some have two!

Post Thanks / Like

Default sts or not to sts

I've found replacing the martin stopper with the sims decelerator rubber has improved groupings slightly and moving the rubber further away from the string also helps and still provides some noise dampening.somore testing required other than taking the sts off or on.