Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap game cameras, and strategies to use them

Post Thanks / Like

Some Sample pics,

Post Thanks / Like

More....

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I went up and checked my SD card. I had over 663 Pics taken. Most of them were of the High grass blowing. i had the cams Sensitivity set on NORMAL. But I had no control over a Windstorm coming through which made the cam prematurely take pics. I'm going back up this afternoon to a new spot. The good pics of Deer were mainly Does, Fawns and one small buck. So i need to switch location. I placed my fiberglass pole in a Bush and had the TrophyBlend Sage and Mule Deer Blend Sticks taped to the fiberglass rod.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally uploaded a video to Youtube.

Here's a Buck, Doe, Yearlings and turkey on video .

http://youtu.be/bY8Umts9vHc
    Last edited by Double S; 07-13-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Have you used them?
    Not yet,but im workin on it,our local atwoods has all hunting stuff out,like a kid in a candy store............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Not yet,but im workin on it,our local atwoods has all hunting stuff out,like a kid in a candy store............
    We have a small Atwoods here so I can see what all they have. Not much I'm sure but Lawton should have a bigger selection if I get over there.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys and the evaluation of the camera.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

i made a few post on my old thread about cameras. the number one thing is to make them easy to access. you dont want them too close to your stand location. everytime you go go swap memory cards your going to leave scent behind. i only change cards before or during a rain( iknow a little over cautious, but you can never underestimate a whitetails nose) i have read about adult does and a buck who would cross a fence fifty yards up a fence that ONCE had a camera hanging from an open gate post. they know the cameras are there. make sure its an easy in easy out to get that memory card and don't check every other day!maybe two to four weeks
    And yes i have heard primos is very good after i just ordered that stealth cam
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Wildview has some,i get em for $57.00 dont know how good they are but thats cheap.
    Speedy

Did you ever get one of these cameras and how does it work?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

My father-inlaw bought one of the 57 dollar cameras last week. Pretty user friendly, the bunjies they provide are junk. But it seems to work ok, we got a raccoon eating corn and no deer in the first few days. I dont know how well the battery last, that will wait and see. And I havent seen the pictures it produces, he didnt seem to complain though when he told me about the coon. One thig is dont by the sd cards from the same company. He didnt ask me before buying them, and spent 30 dollars on 2 small sd cards, way over priced. Time will tell on how the camera and battery holds up, I will try to remember to keep you posted.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-