Thread: Rack Attack

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rack Attack

I bought this bow for my dad and it looks like it is made just for Dicks sporting goods. I am trying to set it up for him but can't find any info on the bow. There is nothing on the Martin website and not even a post in the forums using the search feature. The manual is generic and it came with a slip of paper with a list of bows and which module gives what draw length, but the Rack Attack isn't on it. It also shows different bows having a different draw length for the same module. I'm a little worried about buying a Martin if they can over look such a basic piece of critical information. What other corners do they cut?

So does anyone know anything about this bow? Is it a relabeled bow? I can't find one on the website that has the same axle to axle length and looks the same. I assumed they would make the modules so they can be switched out without a press but it looks like the screw hits the limb and won't back out. At the very least the piece of felt for the stop will have to come off. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be following this as I've heard of this bow before but don't have any first hand knowledge of it. If the bow is a Martin then be advised that they do make a line of bows for Dicks, or in some cases just relabel some of their own for Dicks. There's nothing unusual about this. I'm sure somebody will be able to chime in here for more help.

Here's a little trick about changing the modules. If one of the mod screws is under the limb then all you have to do issqueeze the cable toard the riser. This rotates the cam and you can usually remove the screw. It's not hard. I've had cases where I couldn't hold the cable very long in which case I just wrap a zip-tie around the cable and riser to hold it while I change the module. When done just hold the cable with one hand and cut the zip-tie with scissors.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I did some homework for you. Maybe you missed it, but the Rack Attack seems to be the same as the Exile, just renamed for Dick's. All the specs are the same.

Hey, welcome to the Tech Forums.
    Last edited by bfisher; 07-13-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be watching this thread as well. I haven't heard of the bows before, but since this is a suspected Martin bow, I'm curious. The Dick's store near me carries Diamond (bowtech), Bear Bows (lower line models) and PSE bows. (again the lower lines)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Bowhunter View Post
    I'll be watching this thread as well. I haven't heard of the bows before, but since this is a suspected Martin bow, I'm curious. The Dick's store near me carries Diamond (bowtech), Bear Bows (lower line models) and PSE bows. (again the lower lines)
    I looked it up on Dick's website. then compared to Martin's website. IMO, definitely an Exile. Riser machining and everything is the same.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Rack Attack= Exile
    Rack Master= Saber
    Rack Rage= Pantera

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

A.S.

Remember that it changes yearly. Are your examples for 2011?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    A.S.

Remember that it changes yearly. Are your examples for 2011?
    Those are 2011 names for a fact, because I just checked. This is the Dick's second year with the Rack Rage.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.i did some searching my self and exile is the same as what you have.so go off the exile specs.its a good bow(exile)my buddy has one and loves it.kind of a short ata bow.if you can please post detailed pics of your dads bow and we can go from there

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Martin Rack Attack from Dick's Sporting Goods. It is a Martin Exile. I contacted and talked to Martin customer service before I bought mine. The great thing is that it comes with the SOS upgrade. Great bow for a great price.
    Last edited by TIGON; 07-14-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) -Bonz Camo -DL 30, 70#.
    Arrows -Carbon 350, 30", 100gr. Trophy Ridge Hammerhead mechanical broadheads, quiver - Martin 6.
    Site -TRUGLO Micro Brite 5 pin (1x.029, 2x.019, 2x.010) w/light APG Camo w/detatchable bracket.
    Limbsaver stabilizer, leeches & limbsavers.
    Releases - Tru-Fire Edge 4, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special, Bear 4 finger.
    Flamebeau Deluxe case.
    1999 Martin Pride '99' 70# & 30" - This was my 1st bow.