Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acu track module alignment

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acu track module alignment

while trying to track down a noise comming from my lower cam i noticed that my module that i've had in there since i set my bow up is pretty crooked. Looks like the housing for the bearing sticks out a little causing the module to not sit flush against the cam. does any one else have this issue? and if so has there been any problems? Looks like mine may end up wearing the serving out where it makes contact with the cable. I'll post pictures soon.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

hears the pics hope they turn out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I've seen this before, but it should be easy enough to fix. It's plastic, right? Take a file to it or Dremel tool if you have one. No sense in ruining the serving when you have located the problem.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

But does it make things worse? Is there any wear?

Post Thanks / Like

my only problem with the acu trac cam was that when I was setting it up the 26" module wasnt formed properly. What I mean by that is the bolt holes didnt align properly with the cam, they were nearly an 1/16-1/8 off center.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    my only problem with the acu trac cam was that when I was setting it up the 26" module wasnt formed properly. What I mean by that is the bolt holes didnt align properly with the cam, they were nearly an 1/16-1/8 off center.
    I have the problem with one of the modules for my son's bow. I brought it to the dealer to get another module and he said it just needs a little shove. I thought he was nuts but he used a nylon punch and it went in. I would have sworn that it would never fit, the holes looked wrong.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

plastic is malleable, but I dont think that was the right call. I dont think it should have to be forced. poor quality control. All other bows I've worked with are aliuminum.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you pal. But he said he's seen it a bunch and that is what he did. I would have bet $10 it wouldn't work and I was wrong.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it works fine, it just drives the perfectionist in me nuts!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb What's a little give and take?

Happens all the time when you mate plastic with metal. Always room for a little give. What's 3/32nds amongst friends? I used to be a union millwright once upon a time in my storied career. Setup and maintained large production runs for United Technologies and Combustion Engineering, including turbines in public power plants amongst many others.

Whenever you married plastic with metal there were always much more variables with tolerances. Millwrights are the epitome of perfectionists yet you learn "well enough" too.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com