Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acu track module alignment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Can't say I've seen this before, but it should be easy enough to fix. It's plastic, right? Take a file to it or Dremel tool if you have one. No sense in ruining the serving when you have located the problem.
    Yes it is plastic but Kinda leary about grinding on the module itself. Do you think shimming the module at the screws with a couple of nylon washers to make it straight would help?
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    But does it make things worse? Is there any wear?
    I don't know If it makes anything worse but the serving around the bottom of the string where the module makes contact has a definite indention that is not uniform with the string, so I guess that would be considered unusual wear.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    the serving around the bottom of the string where the module makes contact has a definite indention that is not uniform with the string
    A dint in the cable isn't much too worry about. If it was actually cutting into the serving then it would be an issue. The problem is that if you try to fix it the cable will be on a greater angle and might rub worse.

Worth keeping an eye on though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    Yes it is plastic but Kinda leary about grinding on the module itself. Do you think shimming the module at the screws with a couple of nylon washers to make it straight would help?
    I wouldn't shim it. The module is probably just sitting atop the bearing flange at some point. Take a careful look and this is where you file a larger radius till it sits flat against the cam. It's possible that just loosening the screws and repositioning the module a bit will let it sit down flat. Filing or grinding it isn't such a big deal. It's not like you're taking off 1/8" or anything. Just cleaning up the edge a bit.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I'll try filing it down to see if it sits a little more staighter and go from there.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

After looking at the module a little more i noticed that it needed to come out away from the cam to line up with string properly. so for now i've shimmed it with a couple of rubber spacers for tunning broadheads to bring it out even with the string. i'll see how this works for now.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes