I don't think its the chrono's that make the difference here.
different strings with lower strand count and lighter materials, etc.
Maybe he uses wicked1 strings..........................................
I've shot my FC and most of my other bows thru my chrono and thru one at a shop 45 miles away and only get 2-3 fps difference.
Sonny, sorry I haven't got back sooner with answers to your questions.
1. The timing looks good
2. Using a QAD dropaway
3. Center shoot is good, shooting bullet holes through paper
4. Scale used to weigh arrows is the one I use to weigh all my arrow components
5. Yes the scale used to check DW is correct and to check we used a second scale.
6. Shot through chrono 6 times, 4 were duplicate and 2 were 2 fps faster at 254fps
7. Used a led light kit on chrono inside a garage with normal lighting.
One thing I have found is that the ATA is 32 7/8" and according to Martin website it should be 32 1/4"
also brace height is 6 3/4" and should be 7". Would this make a difference in the speed? Also I know just enough about bow tuning to be dangerous so what would I need to do to decrease the ATA and increase brace height.
2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ email@example.com