Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warranty work

Post Thanks / Like

bigredhunter,
    I had the same issue, was charged 50 to have new strings put on my bow. My fault in the matter was not buying the bow from my local martin dealer, although he was charging 75-100 more then what I bought it for. He said if I bought it from him, he would probably do the work for free. But he said he's been having issues recently with martin and may start charging his costumers as well. Said he does waranty repair for all the other bow brands he sells for free. Martins warranty does not, I repeat does not cover labor.
    I complained to the local dealer, after paying him the labor money, he said take it up with martin. I called joel, and joel said we dont cover labor, its not in the warranty, and basically tuff for you. He said I dont blame that shop for charging you labor, I would have done the same thing he said. I then told him if I would have known I had to pay labor I would have sent it to martin directly, maybe cost me 15 to ship at the most, may have added a week turn around time, but I wouldnt have to pay 50 in labor. But martin didnt give me that chance, they said go to a local dealer, I said I didnt buy it there, he said I dont care you have to do waranty repair through a local dealer. When I told him what price I paid from an ebay store, and that it was direct shipped from martin he tried to accuse the ebay store of selling under what they set a minimum to. Trying to change the subject, or make it sound like my fault for getting a resonable price on a bow.
    keep in mind my bow was a month old with less then 300 shots through it. I was livid at the idea of paying labor for a defective part, with poor design quality that was obviously martins fault. I told joel that, and told him I will no longer be shooting martin and i would let my friends know the same. i dont know what he was thinking but he didnt sound like he cared that much. But I wont pretend to read another mans mind. Just how it came accross to me.
    Update, my local martin dealer sells only 2 other brands of bow, mathews and pse. Last time I talked to them they were doing everything possible to drop martin because of how many waranty repairs they have had to do on the 2011 line of bows.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

I worked for a very large shop from about 96-04, that over the years carried almost every brand except Mathews, and I can tell you for certain that none of these manufacturers reimburse their dealers for warranty labor. It is up to each individual shop as to whether they charge for warranty labor, most will not IF the bow was purchased there and you are the original owner. If the tech knows what he is doing, a limb swap only takes about 15 minutes and the bow won't even need to be retuned other than setting the draw weight back to where it was originally.

Advantage Custom Strings