Thread: Quick limb question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick limb question?

Since I purchased my Cheetah, this limb discussion has got me wondering. What code is it that specifically tells you what limb type is on the bow? Also does the year model make a difference or did Martin randomly put the lesser quality limbs on their bows/models? Which type is preferable?

Thx

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say Martin was using lesser quality limbs on previous bows. They had very good laminated limbs that sadly just wouldn't handle the stress put on them by the present cams. Most of the limb problems were prior to 2010. In 2010 they redesigned the limbs and went from 3 laminations to 4 which still didn't solve the problems totally. For 2011 they started using solid core limbs which seem to be holding up quite well.

All the older limbs were marked with deflection numbers such as 3M or 5M, a 2 number system. Solid core limbs are marked near the butt end with a 3 number deflection code such as 3MP, P standing for Power Tuff. If your bow has these then you're up to date. If your bow has the older limbs there still may not be any problems. They may last a long time, but if you should incur any limb problems then Martin will replace them with the newer limbs.

Hope this help allay any fears on your part. Enjoy your bow and hopefully you won't need to see how good customer service is.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will check and I don't expect any problems from this bow. It's shoots very smooth and is dead on accurate , can't wait to get in the field with it.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

this is my 3rd Martin pre-2010. Never have had problems,and I don't worry that I will. Relax and enjoy,man. It's all good
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I wouldn't say Martin was using lesser quality limbs on previous bows.
    I would and do and to a point Martin does as well, that is the idea and selling point of the new limbs. Unless it has that 'P' or has Barnsdale limbs on the bow I'm not interested, unless its cheap enough to allow me to replace the limbs.

Having said all that, I wouldn't worry about your limbs until something goes wrong, if something goes wrong.