Thread: 2010 Martin Pantera Speeds?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Martin Pantera Speeds?

DSC01108(1).jpg
    Okay I've got a 2010 Martin Pantera 55-70# limbs and it's set at a 30" DL...also I've got the DW set at 55#. I recently sent this bow to Mike Carter for tuning and a new string set. The arrow I sent along for tuning was a Easton Excel ST 340 with a 100 gr tip...total weight at 29" shaft length was 394 gr. He told me he chrono'ed my bow at 280 fps with my 394 gr arrow...this is with the bow set at 70# 30" DL...I know I could go with a lighter arrow, but arrow speed is not really my main concern. So, I purchased some Victory X-Ringer HV 350 V1...cut the shafts at 29" with 75 gr tips, my total weight is 327 gr. I also, purchased an arrow radarchron...I've read good and bad about these instruments and their accuracy. So with my Martin Pantera set at 55# and DL at 30" and my new X-Ringers total weight of 327 gr..I shot 10 arrows...my readings were 359 fps to 362 fps. This bow is really a sweet shooting bow...but I was wondering if my readings are where they should be or if there's something I'm missing?...I think the IBO is 315-320 at 70# and 30" DL. Any input would greatly be appreciated...I know this isn't considered a speed bow, but i was hoping for something alittle closer to 300 fps.
    2012 Martin Scepter V 60#
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT 60#
    2008 Martin Bamboo Viper 45# @ 28" AMO 64"
    1973 Damon Howatt Ventura 66" AMO 25#

Post Thanks / Like

...my readings were 359 fps to 362 fps

What the heck are you compalining about your speed are way higher than any bow on this planet i would be happy as hell if i was you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Correction!!!!

...the correct speeds were 259-262 fps...my bad speedykills

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the chuckles.....at first glance I said wow his bow is on wheaties....
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

...no problem peace

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest problem is your draw weight,really doesnt matter that you have a 30dl.If you want to faster bump up the draw weight.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wut4dude View Post
    i was hoping for something alittle closer to 300 fps
    My 2010 Pantera was getting IBO 292 fps if I remember correctly.

So with my Martin Pantera set at 55# and DL at 30" and my new X-Ringers total weight of 327 gr..I shot 10 arrows...my readings were 259 fps to 262 fps.
    Your 15# lower than my bow and 23 grains lighter so your speed is about right. To get closer to IBO spec you need to drop the arrow weight to 275 grains but your not going to get close to 300 fps. Single cam Martin bows aren't the most efficient with the lighter weights.

I also, purchased an arrow radarchron...I've read good and bad about these instruments and their accuracy.
    There accurate enough if you extend the rod it comes with up to 14", much less hassle to setup and aren't affected by lighting conditions like a normal chrono. They can be problematic when the battery gets low.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    My 2010 Pantera was getting IBO 292 fps if I remember correctly.

Your 15# lower than my bow and 23 grains lighter so your speed is about right. To get closer to IBO spec you need to drop the arrow weight to 275 grains but your not going to get close to 300 fps. Single cam Martin bows aren't the most efficient with the lighter weights.
    There accurate enough if you extend the rod it comes with up to 14", much less hassle to setup and aren't affected by lighting conditions like a normal chrono. They can be problematic when the battery gets low.
    Not soo much that. More of the Draw length. Although it is nice and convenient having interchangable modules, You will only really see peak performance at the longer draw lengths. That's what the cam is based around, 30" draw.
    If they made seperate cams for each DL like mathews, the efficency would go up a lot. Kind of like why guys with 27-28" draw should use the nitro 1.5 cams. They will get the most efficency out of those cams, and probably even see a speed increase.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    Not soo much that. More of the Draw length.
    Even at 30" my single cam Martins were slower the closer you got to IBO arrow weights. They handled mid to heavy (420 -540 grain) as good as any other single cam but they did't improve as much when you went to light weights. Just not as efficient as my pse's or bear.