Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: starting to HATE my Martin

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2010 Cheetah and never have had an issue with it. I did however had to replace the string it came with. I had to get a custom string cause the 2010 strings were terrible on the Gold Series bows. Martin. If you go on Martin's online store you can buy a metal module for your bow. I did and replaced the plastic module I had. The threads were better on the metal module and the bow made less vibration with it as well. The bow is good just needs to be tweeked a little it seems like. Martins Customer Service has been good to me.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=HawgEnvy;55538]I've not seen a new cheetah over $350. In fact,the one I got for my nephew was $150 out the door w a trade in. That's a new,off the rack 2010. I was the only one to ever test shoot it. I'm frustrated for you. You been had. I would suggest doing more research before purchasing next time.

I got my 2010 Cheetah from a Full Throttle Archery brand new for $300 bare now, and that was Feb of 2010 when they came out. That was a great deal! I bought many things Archery products from them and other dealers on Ebay and had no troubles. I think you have to really be careful with howmuch positive feedback and good customer service policies these dealers have before purchasing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear your getting it sorted pizzadave.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    I tried a dispute through ebay, and that's when they up and disappeared!
    If you start a official dispute through PayPal they can't close their store until its settled.

Speaking of PayPal, just for everyone to know, PayPal only covers you for delivery on non eBay purchases. No cover on the item condition or even if it isn't the correct item.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the heads up....

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post

I got my 2010 Cheetah from a Full Throttle Archery brand new for $300 bare now, and that was Feb of 2010 when they came out. That was a great deal! I bought many things Archery products from them and other dealers on Ebay and had no troubles.
    Checked out Archery Full Throttle and they have some great products and a good company history. Thanks again for sharing that tidbit.
    Last edited by peace; 07-19-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my bow back from my local Scheels here in Fargo. They got all the parts on from Martin, and it shoots great! I had the top idler replace, because it had a ding in it when I first got it, got metal cam modules, and upper and lower POWERTOUGH limbs on! It shoots faster, quieter, and even appears to draw smoother. I no longer have an ounce of cam lean, and it makes no clicking noises during the draw cycle like it did! I am VERY IMPRESSED with Martin's customer service, and I hope my story can be a testiment to all who doubt Martin as a company. They helped me out in a huge way, and I now feel like I am Martin for life. They scored big with me, and I have gone from HATING my Martin to LOVING my Martin. I want to thank all the people who have helped me out with the advice in my thread, and look forward to being part of Martin's forum for a LONG LONG time.

On a side note... my friend just got a ridge hunter a month ago, and the little "carbon fiber" looking pattern sticker insert on the backside of his grip was coming off after just a few shots.... he emailed Martin and they offered him a new riser! Is that customer service or what!!???!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pizzadave; 07-30-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: change of picture.... bad clarity
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you fixed up and shooting.Alot of people knock Martin,but you can't beat the CS.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

maybe a clearer pic this time? it's from my phone, so kind of muddy looking
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great finish....

Glad to see everything turned out all right....now you can with confidence tell all of your friends....
    SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP!!!
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com