Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: starting to HATE my Martin

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Still doesn't mean it can't become a great bow!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not seen a new cheetah over $350. In fact,the one I got for my nephew was $150 out the door w a trade in. That's a new,off the rack 2010. I was the only one to ever test shoot it. I'm frustrated for you. You been had. I would suggest doing more research before purchasing next time.

BTW, I hope I'm not coming across rude. I'm really not,as I'm sure most here will tell you. Welcome aboard. Well help you get things figured out.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    there are several on here that shoot Cheetahs or the Dicks equivalent. We all seem to love them. I have one and just hooked my nephew up w a new 2010 a couple weeks ago. They shoot great. Sorry bout your dilema,but you got screwed by a bad dealer it sounds like. I'd offer to releieve you from your problem but I've got two bows that I'm happy with now. Find a good pro shop to help you out. Chalk it up to lessons learned. Don't buy w/o seeing/shooting a perspective bow.

if you want to pay the costs,send it to me w any parts and I can get the work done free at my pro shop if I can't figure it out myself.
    Now THERE'S a great offer to help ya out and probably a much CHEAPER way to repair the bow if you can't get it repaired locally!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to check the bow out a little bit... and was told how I can see if it is tuned and set up right. I am going to see what I can do.... I think I'd like to try the torque tamer... see if is the ticket to taking cam lean out.... id like to get it figured out. As far as the price I paid for it, locally they sell for $450 ready to shoot with sights rest peep and what not.... as far as what I thought I was buying was a bow with a whisker biscuit, octane sights, and arrows... it came with 3 cheap easton arrows, cheap sights, and cheap USED rest.... being it was eBay.... I couldn't get a refund so I was forced to deal with it... I have put enough great parts on it to make it a sweet bow... but just have one problem after another.. I have a little over a month to get it ready for deer season... I've shot about 600 arrows out of it.... but I really want to practice more...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Welcome to the Martin Archery Family also....

When you are fairly new to the bow setup and tuning process and you change out a lot of parts, things are going to take time to setup properly. Every change you make to a bow effects tuning and setup. Add to that process the additional learning required and you are taking about a complicated procedure. You presently have a good bow in your hands, take a deep breath and learn her. Check your specs and insure that you are close.

Unless you have changed strings a number of times and tuned a number of bows the process can become frustrating. Thank God you have a Martin and you don't necessarily need a bow press to do a number of things. Well excuse me, you don't have to thank God if that is not your faith, it is just my manner of speaking. I am not trying to offend and it is hard to know how we come across online.

New packaged bows rarely come with very good accessories whether you buy it on Ebay or from a big box store. That is a learned lesson. Better to buy a bare bow and set it up yourself. Sell back the accessories you don't like on Ebay and recoup some of your expenses. There may be some young or not so well heeled archer appreciative of the stuff you don't want.

Figure out how to post images on this forum, as mentioned there is a sticky thread for that. Folks here will be more than willing to help you and save you some frustration and $.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I've not seen a new cheetah over $350. In fact,the one I got for my nephew was $150 out the door w a trade in. That's a new,off the rack 2010. I was the only one to ever test shoot it. I'm frustrated for you. You been had. I would suggest doing more research before purchasing next time.

BTW, I hope I'm not coming across rude. I'm really not,as I'm sure most here will tell you. Welcome aboard. Well help you get things figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    I would sell it if I didn't have so much cash tied up in it. The sad thing is... thus is the list of what I have spent.

2010 Martin Cheetah. $430
    Vaportail strings $100
    Sts $25
    Limbsaver buttons and string silencers $25
    Meta peep $12
    Extreme 4 pin sight $85
    Qad drop away rest $50
    Octane stabilizer $60
    Fuse 3 arrow quiver $50

Total cost $837

So I know I can't get near that for a price!
    hawg im thinking the 430 price was a package price.i think/hope.pizza dave you do have some $ tied up in it,but it parts that alot of people would go and buy right after a new bow is bougt.what you have is a list of stuff that a guy wants and needs for his bow.if you would change that 430 you spent on your bow to the 800+ on other bow that ship bare then you would be looking at some $.i really hope you find a place that can fix ya up.and also talking to hawg about his offer.best of luck and hope it all works out.and remember guy doese not need the best names on his bow just the guy behind it.good luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... I started to look at my bow in more depth... My bow is set to 67 lbs so I have a few turns out top and bottom.... BUT left side of the bow measures 29 5/8'' axle to axle, and the right side is at 29 3/8'' I started looking at the limbs, and found a large crack on my upper limb running from where it splits, toward the riser.... seems as if it would explode after a few more shots... would this cause the crazy cam lean on the bottom as well? either way, I am going to talk to martin and see if I can ship my bow to them for some replacement, and hope they will do the work.... I am unsure how well the warranty is going to work since I bought it the way I did, and that scares me... we will see how it goes

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have receipts, you in fact have bought a from a Martin dealer online. That I believe is proof enough. I believe Martin knows who they sell to. If they are not a Martin dealer then you have a fraud charge with eBay.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    Well.... I started to look at my bow in more depth... My bow is set to 67 lbs so I have a few turns out top and bottom.... BUT left side of the bow measures 29 5/8'' axle to axle, and the right side is at 29 3/8'' I started looking at the limbs, and found a large crack on my upper limb running from where it splits, toward the riser.... seems as if it would explode after a few more shots... would this cause the crazy cam lean on the bottom as well? either way, I am going to talk to martin and see if I can ship my bow to them for some replacement, and hope they will do the work.... I am unsure how well the warranty is going to work since I bought it the way I did, and that scares me... we will see how it goes
    I can guarantee you if you bought that bow brand new online Martin will cover you for repair.Only thing Martin will do is ask you to find a dealer close to you to do work,and it's up to the dealer if they charge you for labor or not.
    If that doesnt work then you will have to ship it to them and they should take care of it.Martin pretty much will bend over backwards to get your bow fixed in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Pizza Dave

You can also send Martin your bow. I needed work on mine and the local dealer was going to charge me labor after Martin supplied the parts. I understand him charging the labor but it was much cheaper for me to spend $20 on shipping and send the bow to Martin. Of course you will need to call customer service and talk to Joel Clark to get a return authorization code first.

Can you post some pictures of the crack please?
    Firecat 400