Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: starting to HATE my Martin

Post Thanks / Like

I will take some pics tomorrow. I am going to call customer service tomorrow rather than mess with emails.... I really don't think that it will turn out that I bought it from a licensed Martin dealer, because the seller did everything so fraudulently, that I can't believe they are legit. They were members for just over a month, and bought and sold several odd items in that short period of time. They deleted their membership, and I never was able to contact them about making my order right. The minute I called them out on selling me something that wasn't as described, they backed out, and ebay couldn't even enforce anything! It was an awful experience, and I am dreading what I will hear from Martin tomorrow! Anybody know how much it costs for new limbs? I am sure I can get them, but will have to pay I am guessing.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    found a large crack on my upper limb running from where it splits, toward the riser...
    The icing on the cake, a lemon cake! Real sorry to hear this.

ebay couldn't even enforce anything!
    They closed there account before you could dispute them? Did you use paypal?

Post Thanks / Like

I will take some pics tomorrow. I am going to call customer service tomorrow rather than mess with emails.... I really don't think that it will turn out that I bought it from a licensed Martin dealer, because the seller did everything so fraudulently, that I can't believe they are legit. They were members for just over a month, and bought and sold several odd items in that short period of time. They deleted their membership, and I never was able to contact them about making my order right. The minute I called them out on selling me something that wasn't as described, they backed out, and ebay couldn't even enforce anything! It was an awful experience, and I am dreading what I will hear from Martin tomorrow! Anybody know how much it costs for new limbs? I am sure I can get them, but will have to pay I am guessing.....
    I have never had to deal with customer service, but several folks on here have said that when you call Martin, have some pictures ready to e-mail to them. Best of luck. Keep us posted of your progress.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    The icing on the cake, a lemon cake! Real sorry to hear this.

They closed there account before you could dispute them? Did you use paypal?
    I did use paypal.... and yes.. they closed the account as I started to talk to them about making it right with other issues I had with the order. I tried a dispute through ebay, and that's when they up and disappeared! And I couldn't make any sort of headway with them

Post Thanks / Like

Pizzadave

Don't worry about where you bought your bow. I have dealt with Martin a couple times and they have never asked where I got my bow from. Trust me, they want a dangerous split limb out of circulation. If you hurt yourself there could be a lawsuit and they don't want that. Call Joel, tell him what the problem is, don't elaborate, and get taken care of. It is really that simple.

If you want to email Joel Clark, from costumer service his email is joel@martinarchery.com Maybe send some pics to him tonight so they will be there in the morning. Call him at 509.529.2554 when they open at 8:00 AM PST.

Stop sweating it. Don't elaborate.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... I started to look at my bow in more depth... My bow is set to 67 lbs so I have a few turns out top and bottom.... BUT left side of the bow measures 29 5/8'' axle to axle, and the right side is at 29 3/8'' I started looking at the limbs, and found a large crack on my upper limb running from where it splits, toward the riser.... seems as if it would explode after a few more shots... would this cause the crazy cam lean on the bottom as well? either way, I am going to talk to martin and see if I can ship my bow to them for some replacement, and hope they will do the work.... I am unsure how well the warranty is going to work since I bought it the way I did, and that scares me... we will see how it goes

I would take a GOOD look at the bottom limb as well. I thought it was only the top limb on my bow until a VERY close and thorough inspection had uncovered splinters and one crack on the bottom limb. Either way, Martin will be good to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything the guys have told you. I know from experience because I bought from a martin dealer on ebay as well. This guy wasnt a fraud, but there was no way to do waranty work through him. Martin may tell you to take it to a local shop for the waranty work, I can almost gurantee that you will have to pay labor charges since you didnt buy the bow there. I was charged 50 to put a string on. I would suggest sending it straight to martin, it maybe 20 but thats cheaper then 50.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... I emailed Martin customer service, and they are one amazing company. I talked it over with them, and I am going to bring my bow to my local scheels store. They have been very good about working on my bow recently. They don't charge labor, they just like to see you come back and spend money in the archery section. They want scheels to call the customer service dept. And they will talk over all parts needed, and ship them to the store to have it all installed.

Fromy own inspection I would say the parts needs are a top idler wheel due to a ding when I first for it, new METAL cam module, top AND bottom limbs, and possibly a lower cam axle..... the cam axle may be.food but we are going to look over it extra hard just to make sure we cover all the bases and get it fixed right! Sooo. So far I am extremely happy with how Martin is making it right!

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... I emailed Martin customer service, and they are one amazing company. I talked it over with them, and I am going to bring my bow to my local scheels store. They have been very good about working on my bow recently. They don't charge labor, they just like to see you come back and spend money in the archery section. They want scheels to call the customer service dept. And they will talk over all parts needed, and ship them to the store to have it all installed.

Fromy own inspection I would say the parts needs are a top idler wheel due to a ding when I first for it, new METAL cam module, top AND bottom limbs, and possibly a lower cam axle..... the cam axle may be.food but we are going to look over it extra hard just to make sure we cover all the bases and get it fixed right! Sooo. So far I am extremely happy with how Martin is making it right!

Glad it all worked out for you,but Martin is doing you a big favor,the the person you bought if from should be the one making it right.Now you know why i choose Martin...........

Post Thanks / Like

That right there sounds like my experience and THE reason I will always have my Martin bow!! Glad to hear that you're gonna be taken care of. I expect nothing less from Martin Archery!!