Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cam Module Swap Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cam Module Swap Out

Has anyone changed out their cam module/s from the non-metal (plastic) type to the aluminum type? Was wondering if any advantage/difference was noted. I'm not sure they are still available. Any input?

cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Found no difference on my pantera's going to an alloy mod. Didn't gain speed, didn't loose speed but it was stronger I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Destroyer, I was wondering several things, you answered most. I can move the plastic one when it is installed by torqueing it w/ the tip of my finger. I thought it may be moving by centrifical force on release. I wondered if the metal module would be more rigid. Sorry but it is hard to explain. Probably not much to worry about but I think a change to metal will ease my mind.
    cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    I can move the plastic one when it is installed by torqueing it w/ the tip of my finger. I thought it may be moving by centrifical force on release. I wondered if the metal module would be more rigid. Sorry but it is hard to explain. Probably not much to worry about but I think a change to metal will ease my mind.
    cj
    I believe you are correct in your statements, but you're also right when you say that it probably isn't much to worry about. I highly doubt that the very slight if any movement of the module will effect accuracy.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    I think a change to metal will ease my mind.
    Best reason to change it, confidence is a huge part of archery. You need to be able to concentrate and this sort of thing won't help.

Post Thanks / Like

After having a fiber module blow on me with a hell of a bang and possible limb damage [ weakened] I will never use a fiber one again.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup...bigbob29 after following your trials and tribulations with your bow I do believe a change of module is in order for me. Hope all your bow issues are working out and you are back shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy CJChasman,
    Yeah, I dont want to be drawing my bow with one eye on the module each time. I have accepted that with the current limbs I am now limited to a 55# bow and not the 70# it should be. It still shoots well, so cut my losses and use it as is. Unless of course anyone has a single 17'' carbon weave elite limb in 8m code laying around?

Post Thanks / Like

Got a module shipping out from Martin...$8.00 and change. Not a big price to pay for peace of mind although I wish it was free lol. I'll keep my eye out for the limb bigbob29.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks I'm in no hurry. Going more to the trad side now anyway.