Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splinter on my limb ok to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Splinter on my limb ok to shoot.

Dont know how long it's been like this have new limbs on way just curious if it would be ok to shoot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Speedykills; 07-19-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't really tell. Take another pic from a little farther away os it's in better focus.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Its a small splinter check it now,camera is very old...lol
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not more limb problems!

Looks similar to my 2007 Pantera and I shot it for a while until the split in the fork, didn't shoot it after that. What bow/limb is this on? And look for a 'macro' setting on your camera, that will help with the photo.

Sorry to see this mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Not more limb problems!

Looks similar to my 2007 Pantera and I shot it for a while until the split in the fork, didn't shoot it after that. What bow/limb is this on? And look for a 'macro' setting on your camera, that will help with the photo.

Sorry to see this mate.
    It's on the firecat pro x,limbs should be here this week just got the itch to shoot it.I got my camera atleast a few years before compusa closed its stores im going to get a new one one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Well got my new limbs on today,everything is back to normal,only thing is it maxes out at 61# instead of 64# as before oh well still a fast son of a gun.
    Also ran into another member from here goes by( Bucknut17),all the techs were ribbing him about his slayer,funny guy he was small world we live in,ok thats it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    it maxes out at 61# instead of 64# as before oh well still a fast son of a gun.
    Good to hear its fixed. If your happy with the speed and your arrows still spine good then its not a problem, you might shoot better with the lower dw too! Was the bow with the previous limbs meant to be 65#?
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Good to hear its fixed. If your happy with the speed and your arrows still spine good then its not a problem, you might shoot better with the lower dw too! Was the bow with the previous limbs meant to be 65#?
    Maybe ,but i have never had a bow measure at it's max DW usally a little over.Actually these limbs were a little longer and a deeper fork area is what i was told by the tech who worked on it.These are the newest limbs Martin has so the makeup of them maybe different from older limbs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting, I didn't know there was any difference except the construction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Well got my new limbs on today,everything is back to normal,only thing is it maxes out at 61# instead of 64# as before oh well still a fast son of a gun.
    Also ran into another member from here goes by( Bucknut17),all the techs were ribbing him about his slayer,funny guy he was small world we live in,ok thats it.
    Why were they ribbing him about his slayer?
    mean people suck!
    '08 Slayer Extreme Supermag Nitrious X c