Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been fried yet?????????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    Friggin' HOT in Ohio...92/93/95/95.M/T/W/TH Humid as all he%%. Night is a real relief, 78 and humid. The A/C is working overtime.
    Much the same here. I really had an urge to go shooting yesterday evening and the wife said I should if I wanted to. Walked out the door and just turned right around. Besides, the gnats would eat me alive.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

We've had so much rain lately the mosquitoes are like crazy, so I shoot in the basement when its like this. I thought I would only shoot indoors in the basement in the winter but the bugs and the heat this year are too much. Maybe I am getting soft in my youth
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Friggin' HOT in Ohio...92/93/95/95.M/T/W/TH Humid as all he%%. Night is a real relief, 78 and humid. The A/C is working overtime.
    same for Michigan. Heat index(what it actually feels like w the humidity)is over 100*. Had about 2hrs of rain one morning last week. I haven't even been shooting except from dusk til dark.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

same for Michigan. Heat index(what it actually feels like w the humidity)is over 100*. Had about 2hrs of rain one morning last week. I haven't even been shooting except from dusk til dark.

wife just checked. Heat index yesterday of 110*. High of 98* today with heat index nearing 112*.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Hot and humid here in upstate ny, mid 90's really high humidity. Just a few degrees cooler at my parents farm in northeast pa, but still hot and humid.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I have to look forward to! Can you say HOT?!?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

So yes, you've been fried. Those are some toasty temperatures.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

You could say that! Sometimes my brain is so fried I ask stupid questions and make stupid responses on this forum!

Keep cool my friends.
    Mark
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Currently it is 95 degrees with heat index of 105 degrees. I just finished mowing my 1 + acre yard with a lawn tractor that needs repaired. Try removing the battery to put back on the drive belt, re-assemble, mow for 10 to 15 minutes and go throught getting the belt back on. Yeppers, it was/is hot. Yes, it's going to the shop, but I R here to tell you the weather wasn't as hot as I was. Even the wife side stepped me..... And so far, no end in sight and the ASA state championship is this weekend.
    sounds like your belt has streched.i run an exmark laser z and i have to replace the belts every year due to streching,i do all the work on my mower.cant bring myself to pay someone else to do it.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    You could say that! Sometimes my brain is so fried I ask stupid questions and make stupid responses on this forum!

Keep cool my friends.
    Mark
    Mark, that forecast looks pretty common for your area, but I don't think you can blame the temperatures for your "errors" on these forums. You can say it, but I'm not buying it. LOL.

I remember such temps when I lived there in 1968 (Tinker AFB) and I had a car without AC at the time. It was no fun toolin west on I-40 with the windows up--couldn't take the wind burn. Some people say "yeah, but it's a dry heat. No humidity". BULL, 107 degrees is hot no matter the humidity.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver