Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow Noise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow Noise

Just curious what everyone thinks on this. My Dad has said mine sounds really quiet when he has been with me. I on the other hand feel like there could be a little more noise than I think. Is it just the fact that it is right next to your face/head that you would hear more than there actually is down range?

When I first got the bow, I thought it was really loud! Just had leeches on at the time. Since, I picked up a LimbSaver String Stop, Limbsavers, Whiskers as my noise dampening and could notice a significant difference. I am shooting arrows that are considered on the "light" side (340-350grain) according to most on the AT hunt threads. Think I am going to get my Dad to shoot the bow and I'll have to just listen in and see what I think. Not sure what else I could do for noise reduction aside from kicking the arrow weight up which I would prefer not too unless I absolutely have to - finding that I'm not getting good penetration this fall - or bring the draw weight down, which I would also prefer not to do.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

we strive for perfection and in doing that our heads tend to steer us in the"somthing's just not right" direction.i thought my bow was lound till i shot wth a few different people and come to find out...it was all in my head.you got the soultion in the question.have your dad shoot t and you will see just how silent it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this will work, audio isn't the best. Bugs were pretty loud. 20 Yard shots. Had made some changes to my sight mount, extended it out and flipped the arm to align pins better in the sight window, couple shots from tonight re-sighting.

*Video coming* Facebook is on lockdown ... forgot.

Post Thanks / Like

it say video isent there

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

if that doesn't suit you, try some rubber or plastic spacers between the sight/riser,rest/riser,etc. "gaskets" can be made from an old bike innertube or a plastic milk jug or arrow shelf fleece. Yes, I'm that picky. Lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    it say video isent there
    Throwing it up on youtube. Was playing around with my Flip cam to see if it would pick any noise. Can hear my loud as neighbors and the bugs more than anything else I think ... I'll get it posted as soon as it finishes the upload/publish.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's try this again. Thought the bar from the String Stopper could have been a source, it was pretty close the cables, so I flipped that around. Other thing I am wondering is if there is a better stopper/material out there. I have looked into getting the Mathews Dead End stop and putting it on the rod.

Post Thanks / Like

All I could really hear from the bow was the arrow hitting the target

Post Thanks / Like

all and all i could not here any tuning fork souds,thunks,pings...just a aroown findng its target....and alot of crickets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound like there is anything to worry about in that video, not that its easy to hear. Release aids can make a bit of noise too.