Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow Noise

Post Thanks / Like

I hear a real small almost click just before the arrow thumps into the target, about enough to get a deer's ear up, just before he gets hit. Pretty darn quiet.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2010 cheetah, that I thought was loud when I first got it. I put on Limbsaver buttons, vaportail string silencers on my shooting string and the smaller ones on the cables..... the biggest silencing I got was with the use of the sts. It took the bow noise down a ton, and that's what I would suggest. My arrows are 440 grains total weight, and I shoot at 66 lbs.... but with those few things, my volume level is finally as quiet as I want it.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the video cam was a deer. He would be a dead one. He also would be wondering how it happened.
    Sounds like it is quiet to me. Be like I said before you have to have someone else shoot it so you can listen to it your self.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.... after hearing that video.... I don't think you have much to worry about.... By the time the animal hears what's coming, it's already dead.... I do know that my bow is much quieter than my buddies Ridge Hunter, and the only difference is I have the STS

Post Thanks / Like

I can honestly say the STS from Limbsaver made a monster difference in my opinion when I put it on. I had just leeches prior and was just getting a monster twang. I have considered leeches for the cable or even picking up some of the Mathews Monkey Tails to try out and maybe in place of whiskers, but damn do the whiskers look sweet when tied correctly.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The PSE Vibracheck String Chubs do a great job too, much better than regular leaches.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to argue with Whiskers - but I'm sure you can save a big amount of weight with the "leech" style silencers. There are quite a few out there, the Monkey Tails to me seem pretty nice because they just wrap the string. There are the other leeches like Vaportrail String Bats that might be pretty effective too.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff