Thread: Cat Cam Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat Cam Questions

What is the differences between the 08 and 09/010 cams ,,I have cat cams on one bow and on a 09 tr2 it is cat 2 cam ? this bow has the roller cable guard..Is the # 2 better? on is it for longer draw ? Is one faster then the other ? Thanks for any help ...

Post Thanks / Like

Both should be approx produce the same speeds. Cat#2 is just for longer draws, #1 for shorter ones. In 2009 the CAT-Cam was introduced, in 2010 the Cam got new modules with less Valley and in 2010 the CAT-Cam got a slightly new shape.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Thanks...I would guess My Tr2 fire cat is long draw 210 model then it has black draw mods and a small 2 after the word cat on bottom cam ...Does that sound right? ....Also, I noticed the axle sets back closer to the draw stop then the 08 cat cam does ...Is that the part of the new design or is it that way for a longer draw ?....on the limbs this bow has 12/09 and the bow number on bottom limb sticker starts with 10.....Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say you are right but i cannot help you with the draw stop-thing.

Your limbs were produced in december 2009 which is quite normal as i guess that Martin will start to produce the limbs for the next bow generation approx in october, just before releasing the new products line. The number on the sticker tells you in which year the bow was assembled, so this is 2010.

The black module is the newest one with less valley but also less of a hump. You should feel that the draw is a bit 'smoother' than with the grey and silver modules.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

The other difference between the CAT and CAT2 is the payout track on the original CAT was straight cut while the CAT2 was spiral cut to help reduce cam lean and serving wear.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    2008, FireCat with CatCams? Mod available for longer draw length? At home, but have book and manuals at the shop - I'll check.
    For sure the Cat cams made their debut in 2008. I had a 2008 FireCat with them. Now it is owned by a friend after being updated with all 2010 parts, except for the riser.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    The other difference between the CAT and CAT2 is the payout track on the original CAT was straight cut while the CAT2 was spiral cut to help reduce cam lean and serving wear.

This is the difference in the 08 and 2010 Firecat Cat Cams. The DL on the 08 and 2010 Firecat is the same with standard mods. You have to get the other mods to get a longer DL.
    Rod Halford 1SG U.S. Army (Retired)
    Scott's Strings Staff Shooter www.scottsstrings.com
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter www.deadcenterarchery.com
    Pro Staff U-Slide Bow Holder www.u-slide.com
    M4L

Post Thanks / Like

You guys, Have been very helpful ...I am not really wanting a longer draw ..I was thinking I got cams on the Tr2 fireCat that was going to be to long of a draw for me ..Both are standard mods ...So, you are saying ??The cat 2 cams are better shooting ie smoother draw with less lean and cable wear...reg mod 26-30 draw ..Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

08 with standard mods is 27-29, the long draw mods covered 29.5-30 if I remember correctly. The updated mods found on the 2010's are actually Rytera Hybrix mods and are what actually provide a smoother draw with less hump at the back end.

Advantage Custom Strings