Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firecat TR1 Specs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firecat TR1 Specs

Ok... I know that you shouldn't worry too much about ATA but I want to run this by all. The specs shows ata at 32 1/2" and mine is showing 32 1/8".
    Forgot to mention that I just installed my new string on the Cat. Is this within tolerance? Thanks,
    2010 Firecat TR1/MBG AMP 4-pin/Treelimb Quiver/6" Doinker Chubby/WB/ GT Ultralights
    2010 Quest Primal/MBG AMP 3-pin/Treelimb Quiver/3" Doinker Chubby/Trophey Taker/ GT Expeditions
    formerly = "Oncechance"

Post Thanks / Like

i would not worrie too much about it,if its shooting good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i would not worrie too much about it,if its shooting good.
    Ditto,specs are just a guide to go by,not to many bows are in spec but shoot great.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

General rule of thumb, that I use. Within a 1/4 " of ata . Have you checked dw? It should only be 2 to 3 over max pounds. Also bh what is it?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Have you checked dw? It should only be 2 to 3 over max pounds
    That's what I would be checking for, the draw weight is second most important spec. The draw length is most important.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...I checked the specs before I had the limbs cranked down. After doing so it is only off 1/8", which is within spec according to Brandon at Martin. The problem that I had was that the draw weight maxed out at 58lbs. I called Brandon back and he told me to twist the cable to achieve the extra pounds that were missing. I did that and got the extra pounds that I was missing. I haven't shot yet but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to fling some arrows to break in the string so I can install the peep. I have to give it to Martin (and you guys/gals) for all the helpful information. This is my first time installing a string and I am learning much about tuning my own bow. I wanted to do more on my bow this year because the last time I was at the pro shot I didn't think they did the best they could.
    2010 Firecat TR1/MBG AMP 4-pin/Treelimb Quiver/6" Doinker Chubby/WB/ GT Ultralights
    2010 Quest Primal/MBG AMP 3-pin/Treelimb Quiver/3" Doinker Chubby/Trophey Taker/ GT Expeditions
    formerly = "Oncechance"

Post Thanks / Like

I do want give a thumbs up to H&M Bowstrings for making a great string. The string colors are orange and OD green. I know this post doesn't mean anything because of pics, but I will be posting some soon. Along with the pic of my new Quest Primal, which shoots very well.
    formerly = "Oncechance"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oncechance1 View Post
    I do want give a thumbs up to H&M Bowstrings for making a great string. The string colors are orange and OD green. I know this post doesn't mean anything because of pics, but I will be posting some soon. Along with the pic of my new Quest Primal, which shoots very well.
    how much did you pay for them strings?

Post Thanks / Like

He was running a special at $55 TYD. I'm not sure if the special is still going on but you can check on AT (Archery Talk).
    formerly = "Oncechance"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oncechance1 View Post
    He was running a special at $55 TYD. I'm not sure if the special is still going on but you can check on AT (Archery Talk).
    im not in the market i just bought winnerschoice around the first of the year.next set it buy will be from hutch